IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Article About Bloomington
6/6/12, 2:08 PM   #1
Article About Bloomington
Diggsy

I saw all the back and forth in the other thread and went looking for this article that was published a few weeks ago in the IU campus newspaper. Seems they bury something on the track in this paper about this time every year. Why I'm not really sure since I don't really think the student newspaper is high on most racing fans' reading lists, but whatever.

Anywho, I thought I'd share with everyone here for your thoughts on/reactions to the comments in the article since these are concrete and no longer rumors.

http://idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?i...section=search

6/6/12, 4:23 PM   #2
Re: Article About Bloomington
racefan20

"The new owners have already installed more lights within the arena. They are also looking into requests to widen the track, a change Dillon says would be implemented sometime next year. The team is currently sourcing for a large-screen LED monitor above the track to screen replays, as well as videos for entertainment between races. "

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/6/12, 10:00 PM   #3
SteveD

From the local Bloomington newspaper today; "Bruce Leer track manager and a member of the Speedway ownership group, told the local board that the facility wants to add a single beer concession stand manned by two people. He agreed to cooperate fully with excise police to ensure that beer doesn’t end up in the hands of underage patrons.

Leer said race fans still would be able to bring their own beer in coolers, which board members said is permissible under the racetrack permit sought by the Speedway. Leer did not indicate how soon the beer concession would be ready."

6/7/12, 10:41 AM   #4
Diggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
From the local Bloomington newspaper today; "Bruce Leer track manager and a member of the Speedway ownership group, told the local board that the facility wants to add a single beer concession stand manned by two people. He agreed to cooperate fully with excise police to ensure that beer doesn’t end up in the hands of underage patrons."
Good luck with that...

I guess I've been blind all these years or something because it appears there were so many things "wrong"/lacking with the track that I just didn't see.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Article About Bloomington