IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute vs. Belle-Clair October 4
9/25/08, 5:03 PM   #1
Terre Haute vs. Belle-Clair October 4
Clydesdale

Terre Haute $4,000 to win. $300 to start. 33 cars start. I don't know exactly what POWRi pays but i thought it was around $2,000 to win. $200 to start? Since Terre Haute is starting 33 cars wouldn't that be a better option if you owned a midget. Just wondering if anybody has any other opinions or feed-back.

9/25/08, 5:24 PM   #2
Re: Terre Haute vs. Belle-Clair October 4
Mike McCormick

Belle-Clair: A field of regional nobodies at a series run by one of the most crooked officials ever.

Terre Haute: The best drivers in the country, one of the most prestigious midget races at one of the most prestigious tracks in the country.

Wonder where I'll be?

9/25/08, 5:52 PM   #3
BRENT

Its too bad the two races are on the same night. We race with POWRi and I guess were considered a nobody. I find it hard to pass up a night at BelleClair, the competition is excellent and I like the nobodies that I race with.

I don't think the purse difference is enough to really offset the cost of running the Hut Hundred. The hundred laps are brutal on the car and it can get expensive even if you don't crash. We have raced in the Hut twice, made the race both times and I'm glad we ran there. I hope both races are well attended and everyone enjoys a great race.

Mike, like to know what a POWRi guy did to you, I haven't ever had a problem at one of their races.
Last edited by BRENT; 9/25/08 at 10:26 PM.

9/25/08, 5:56 PM   #4
Staples86

WOW
and no!
Terre haute is mess.. figure why no one
has ran with them for a few years. Also, sun setting not GOOD...many wrecks that we have watched the last race with USAC @ the Action Track.

****POWRI has the best midget drivers in the bunch too. Kenny Brown his son Austin, Cone, Zack Daum, Davey Ray, Brad Loyet, Tony Roney, Russ Harper!..
its all impressive
PLUS.. you already no the race will run longer as scheduled with USAC and it will be an utter mess.
So I am all for Belle-Claire!!!!!!!!!!

9/25/08, 6:03 PM   #5
Pine

I wonder where ASQ will go :confused: :rolling

9/25/08, 6:04 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

LBurg 50+ cars many of the best drivers in the country not in the USAC midgets points race anymore.

Thing is, I think most will pick the venue closest to them and I also think its sad that some of these scheduled against each other instead of working out a racing weekend where most could make more than one.

Chuck

9/25/08, 7:16 PM   #7
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCormick View Post
Belle-Clair: A field of regional nobodies at a series run by one of the most crooked officials ever.
If you're not there, well, to each their own. That will just leave me an extra seat to see those almost 30 "nobodies" in the midgets and 40-50 "nobodies" in the micros. But hey, I genuinely hope you have fun at Terre Haute.

But while we're on the subject of "regional" series, one could argue that even the Badger Series is "regional." But no one with any credibility would aruge that guys like Scott Hatton, Mike Hess, or Brandon Waelti are "nobodies." Just as no one with any credibility would suggest that guys like Brett Anderson, Brad Loyet, Zach Daum, etc. are nobodies.

Say what you will about Siner and Brown, you have to tip your hat to them, if only for what they've done with the micro series, let alone the midgets. For crying out loud, they had over 5,000 spectators for a micro only show at Washington, MO last month.

9/25/08, 7:48 PM   #8
skids59

I'm sure none of us would consider Justin Allgier(sp) a nobody. That being said if anyone was in attendance Aug. 30th for the indoor show at Duquoin y'all saw what Mr. McCormicks nobody pulled off in the heat race and almost made it work in the feature. I'm refering to Mr. nobody (HA) Hud Cone . He is, by anyones standards, one of the premier drivers in the midwest right now. He is and always will be a great driver, that takes care of his equipment,:thumb as well as a great person.:thumb

9/25/08, 8:04 PM   #9
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Belleville is hands down a better track for the midgets, Terre Haute will have the bigger teams... but I think the show will be better in Il. this time

9/25/08, 8:36 PM   #10
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I'll be at Little Belleville with the rest of the "nobodies". watching the real adventures.

Have yet to see a bad race there. I've seen bad races at Terre Haute and Lawrenceburg. Decision to go to Little Belleville is real easy. If you wanna see a good race,thats the place to go.

I'll be at Little Bellevilles "sister track" (Macon) on Saturday night for POWRi,and probably Spoon River on Sunday for POWRi as well. I'll be on first names with all the other nobodies by the end of the weekend.

Look at all this good racing your missing,Pine. Been scouting for Indiana jobs lately??
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 9/25/08 at 8:45 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute vs. Belle-Clair October 4