IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > D.A. And FBI
12/17/14, 2:17 AM   #11
Re: D.A. And FBI
D.O.

Looking into 1.1 million to build a firehouse where he is the fire chief that was suppose to be finished long ago and built to agreed specs. Homeland was wanting to know why the delay in building with the grant they gave him. That all was on the news on ch6 and ch 59 and ch 13. Show pictures of his big house and big garage. Behind that is a big stock car race shop and landscaping. I'm sure more to come on the tv news.

12/17/14, 10:49 AM   #12
chrismattlin

Isn't this the intended purpose of courts? Why the heavy-handed raid by spooks? Was there a danger to the public?

I know this guy is no model citizen, but the police-state is out of control.

2 members like this post: BrianBSU23, darnall
12/17/14, 11:21 AM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

While certainty no fan of D.A. You would be surprised by the number of raids. Searches confiscations and seizures by Govt agencies in the last six years.

OFTEN WITH NO EXPLANATION GIVEN or charges filed!

3 members like this post: bowbuild, chrismattlin, jontheturboguy
12/17/14, 11:25 AM   #14
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Just another black eye for our great sport!

12/17/14, 1:48 PM   #15
cowboyhar69

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/f...ison/20523601/

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

12/17/14, 2:49 PM   #16
cleatziff

No this is not the job of the courts. The courts job is to interpret laws. The job of the police is to enforce the laws. When the police believe a crime has been committed they collect evidence to support this belief. If they determine no crime has been committed the evidence is returned to its rightful owner. If enough evidence exists to show that a crime has been committed the evidence is presented before the court. The court interprets the laws, looks at the evidence and determines if a crime has been committed. If the court, and a jury of our peers determines a crime has been committed the court then determines the punishment. Is D.A. A threat to the public? I suppose it depends on your view. I am by no means saying D.A is a ********. He has not been convicted of anything. But anyone who commits a crime is generally considered a threat. That is why there are laws to address these crimes. If an issue is not a threat to society it would not be against societies laws. On a side note referring to police as spooks is pretty rude. Cops have a tough and dangerous job enforcing the laws that society has put in place.

12/17/14, 4:11 PM   #17
Pat O'Connor Fan

Folks who piss and moan about the "spooks" sure will call them for help when its needed !

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cleatziff, PJ Wright, ronmil, SPD 37
12/17/14, 4:24 PM   #18
mlamb

Hey Charles I've had no searches or seizures against me…prolly because I'm a law abiding citizen? If I did have…I certainly believe the authorities are not obligated to tell everyone why. If you play by the rules you won't have any problems. I applaud the police for what they do.

12/17/14, 6:28 PM   #19
SPD 37

"Police state out of control" really, well, the next time you need help from a police officer, don't call them, they are "out of control" maybe you should call a "crackhead" for help and see how much help you get!!

A lot of cops, in the US, are killed weekly by someone who was not considered a "threat".

Courts don't interpret the law, they determine if probable cause existed at the time someone was arrested. And, all are innocent until proven guilty, then if found guilty, or a plea agreement is reached then the courts determine sentencing.

"Belief a crime was committed" really not just a belief, normally based on witness statements, facts obtained through the investigation, forensic evidence, such as sources of DNA, fingerprints, and other types of evidence that may show a particular person(s) committed a crime, much more than a belief.

If someone's residence or vehicle or other property is searched, by law enforcement, with a search warrant, why then a neutral and detached judge found probable cause exited for the officers to conduct such search. If probable cause doesn't exist, then the search warrant is not signed. Judges don't just sign search warrants for the heck of it. If the police show up at your house, with a search warrant, minus the wrong address, and it happens police officers are human, you can bet you, or someone at that property committed a crime or that property has been used to facilitate ******** activity.

Information given to the media on active investigations is very limited for a good reason. If the investigation is pending, the police don't want all the details and facts given to the public, cause as the case progresses, you wouldn't know if someone really is a witness or did they see it on the news or in the paper? It could really compromise an investigation.

So, in the difficult profession of law enforcement, please take the time to consider the information above, and remember the men and women in law enforcement who are willing to help citizens in their areas, and are often forced to make very quick life or death decisions and often give their lives doing so.

SPD 37

12/17/14, 6:58 PM   #20
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPD 37 View Post
A lot of cops, in the US, are killed weekly by someone who was not considered a "threat".
In 2014, so far, 110 Peace Officers have been killed in the "Line of Duty", about half of which were caused by an intentional act of another person. Not exactly "A lot ... killed weekly by someone who was not considered a "threat"".

Line of Duty Deaths: 110
Assault: 2
Automobile accident: 25
Drowned: 1
Fire: 1
Gunfire: 43
Gunfire (Accidental): 2
Heart attack: 15
Motorcycle accident: 3
Struck by vehicle: 3
Vehicle pursuit: 5
Vehicular assault: 10

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/search/year/2014#ixzz3MCIOtKsJ

I appreciate the service that most Law Enforcement personnel provide. Sadly, there are some who abuse the power that we have entrusted them with.
Last edited by sprntr; 12/17/14 at 6:59 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > D.A. And FBI