IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
used to be (Offline)
  #1 2/27/14 9:50 PM
Planning to make some of Midget week this June. Can we expect to see any national sprint car teams at any of the events along with the Midgets? Also was thinking of stopping and seeing the champ cars Sat. night in St. Louis on way back to Texas. Never seen any dirt style cars on pavement before. Do they put on a good show there? Thanks for replies in advance.
zeromotorsports (Offline)
  #2 2/27/14 9:59 PM
If you stop in st louis. You better come bt the shop

Johnny
reeserx (Offline)
  #3 2/27/14 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by used to be:
Planning to make some of Midget week this June. Can we expect to see any national sprint car teams at any of the events along with the Midgets? Also was thinking of stopping and seeing the champ cars Sat. night in St. Louis on way back to Texas. Never seen any dirt style cars on pavement before. Do they put on a good show there? Thanks for replies in advance.
Sometimes the midget guys find sprint rides and pull double duty, but having sprints and midgets on the card anywhere in Indiana is a can't pass event, at least to me it is
8 Likes: jerrydt, luckybuc97, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, racephoto1, racing2bwithu2, robert gatten, SHORTBUS
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #4 2/27/14 11:56 PM
You also never know who's going to show up. Great racing and great car counts.
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #5 2/28/14 1:41 AM
Originally Posted by used to be:
I thought the Silver Crown show at Gateway was exciting last year. This from a guy who doesn't particularly like Silver Crown, doesn't like pavement races very much, and really doesn't like long tracks. In spite of that I really enjoyed it and plan to return this year. You should stop by and by all means go to the pits. You never know who you will see there.

Frank Daigh
2 Likes: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #6 2/28/14 1:37 PM
Where can I find a schedule of midget week ?
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #7 2/28/14 2:29 PM
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer:
Where can I find a schedule of midget week ?
You didn't ask, but I have included Illinois Midget Week. It will be run on four tracks which will all be prepared to ensure excellent competition and passing. Last year I thought that, overall, it was better than Indiana Midget Week.
ILLINOIS MIDGET WEEK - June 5-Jacksonville; June 6-Lincoln; June 7-Macon; June 8-"Little" Belleville
INDIANA MIDGET WEEK - June 11-Gas City; June 12-Putnamville (Lincoln Park Speedway); June 13-Bloomington; June 14-Lawrenceburg; June 15-Kokomo
If you can possible make both, I recommend it highly. Four excellent tracks in Illinois and midgets and sprints in Indiana. Hard to beat.

Frank Daigh
4 Likes: luckybuc97, Mud Packer, Stephen Cording, Steve Wendel
Ty (Offline)
  #8 2/28/14 3:28 PM
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan:
You didn't ask, but I have included Illinois Midget Week. It will be run on four tracks which will all be prepared to ensure excellent competition and passing. Last year I thought that, overall, it was better than Indiana Midget Week.
ILLINOIS MIDGET WEEK - June 5-Jacksonville; June 6-Lincoln; June 7-Macon; June 8-"Little" Belleville
INDIANA MIDGET WEEK - June 11-Gas City; June 12-Putnamville (Lincoln Park Speedway); June 13-Bloomington; June 14-Haubstadt; June 15-Kokomo
If you can possible make both, I recommend it highly. Four excellent tracks in Illinois and midgets and sprints in Indiana. Hard to beat.
Since when is Haubstadt part of Indiana Midget Week?
jjones752 (Offline)
  #9 2/28/14 4:10 PM
According to usacracing.com and lawrenceburgspeedway.com, Lawrenceburg has the June 14 date...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
ronmil (Offline)
  #10 2/28/14 4:13 PM
Originally Posted by Ty:
Since when is Haubstadt part of Indiana Midget Week?
I believe June 14th is Lawrenceburg, not Haubstadt. I also noticed that the Silver Crown cars are scheduled that day at Madison, IL. Bad decision, if someone would like to attend both events.

Ron Miller