Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Updates
8/28/15, 10:05 PM   #21
JarrettFarms73

Stockon car looks ok.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
8/28/15, 10:11 PM   #22
JarrettFarms73

Stockon holds on!! Then DD Windom Hines Stanbrough top 5 short in 6th your hard charger.

Twitter pic full finish shortly.
Last edited by JarrettFarms73; 8/28/15 at 10:12 PM.

4 members like this post: Blackduce, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, Stidam91
8/28/15, 10:35 PM   #23
JarrettFarms73

What I've seen so far... My apologies for the missed lap count on the last couple restarts. It was actually 2 to go.
Attached Images
image.jpg (105.3 KB, 106 views)

2 members like this post: Blackduce, jim goerge
8/28/15, 11:38 PM   #24
btg1963

Thanks for the updates! I was at Kokomo for Wednesday night's event, but other obligations are keeping me away from the Smackdown. Definitely on next years schedule.

1 member likes this post: JarrettFarms73
8/28/15, 11:42 PM   #25
SPD 37

Great job Brady Short, after going to a back up car, won the C main, started 17th in B main and finished 3rd, but he wasn't done. Brady started the A main 21st and finished 6th!!! Tonight's hard charger!!!

3 members like this post: jim goerge, VSneader2, wildman92
8/28/15, 11:51 PM   #26
JarrettFarms73

Happy to help tonight.

One final tidbit before I hit the road for Tipton. I sat next to about 12 motorsports engineering students from IUPUI tonight. Didnt even know that was a thing. LOL. Judging from the smiles and several videos captured I'd bet they'll be back.

Til next time...

8/29/15, 12:03 AM   #27
Tumey's 55

So many things good things to talk about from tonight's action. First is Ballou escaping injury from his accident when it appeared very serious based upon activities of safety workers. Not only did he escape injury but then drug out the backup and raced. Second, Ballou and Short starting at the back of the C, transferring into the B, starting at the back of the B and racing their way into the feature. In the feature Windom had em covered using the trademark Justin Grant diamonding of 3 and 4 ...until contact with a slower car caused a spin. Third, Chase Stockon held off DD and Windom for the win a night after letting one slip away. Nice to see him get the W and he was obviously elated. Finally, the track was much better tonight which provided lots of passing, case in point was Short's run from the back to sixth in the A. Oh, I forgot to mention what was perhaps the show of the night, watching Schuerenberg run above the cushion. His charge to the front was absolutely a precision out of control masterpiece. Shame he caught the cushion in 4 and had a nasty flip with 2 to go. He earned a better finish than that.

Let's do this one more time.

8/29/15, 12:51 AM   #28
Eric Smith

Why did Darland start 7 out of the B? Why did Ballou start last, behind provisional starter Thomas?

1 member likes this post: mowerman
8/29/15, 12:57 AM   #29
Re: Kokomo Updates
robert gatten

Ones again Grant doesn't give enough room, this time putting Weir into the wall, then gets out of car to blame Weir !

8/29/15, 1:06 AM   #30
Re: Kokomo Updates
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
Why did Darland start 7 out of the B? Why did Ballou start last, behind provisional starter Thomas?
Dave was the fast qualifier. In USAC cars are lined up by qualifying times and B Main transfers get their qualifying spot back, only they can't be in the invert (first 3 rows). The best they can start, no matter how good they qualified is 7th. The answer to your second question is "I don't know'. We were wondering the same thing after they lined up.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 8/29/15 at 1:10 AM.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Updates