IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PARAGON:Definition of the flag
6/27/15, 9:23 PM   #1
PARAGON:Definition of the flag
KKinser99

The 1st b main was called early with a flip after the leader took white flag. I was curious because I have not seen this unless time limit was surpassed or leader already took the checkered. I was curious so I asked and the explanation was the leader took the white flag! So I want to make a suggestion that Paragon should retire the white flag. Just make the checkered pop up on a random lap to add some excitment. I really felt I could make the feature because the luck I have had a little money in our pocket is much needed. So maybe the Amati Classic will be 68 laps tonight or just make it random as I said.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
6/27/15, 9:34 PM   #2
PushEm

I'm the push truck and was told that they were not going to restart with one lap left. Was not given a rule or explanation. My guess would be because nobody was advancing

6/27/15, 10:01 PM   #3
KKinser99

After further inquiry I was told that the official ruling is the white flag can be considered the end of the race after incident. That ruling stands for heat, b main, or feature. Well I should of figured that. This is P.I.S.S after all!
Last edited by KKinser99; 6/27/15 at 10:02 PM.

1 member likes this post: cody leohr 46L
6/27/15, 10:47 PM   #4
KKinser99

Last edited by KKinser99; 6/27/15 at 10:57 PM.

6/27/15, 11:18 PM   #5
PushEm

I will make a mental note of that myself

6/28/15, 1:38 AM   #6
Re: PARAGON:Definition of the flag
fish

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/28/15, 2:05 AM   #7
mikeham73

They will restart for one lap only if a caution comes out. If the red flag comes out after the leader takes the white, the race is over. That's been the rule for the last 4 years or so. Sucks that you missed the feature, but that's just how it goes sometimes.

4 members like this post: amandasparks11, BrentTFunk, fish, spicoli
6/28/15, 3:53 AM   #8
Buster51

Been the rule for awhile.

2 members like this post: fish, spicoli
6/28/15, 4:01 AM   #9
Hotshoe65s

I ran their with my super stock and lead all of the feature. When I was coming out of turn 4 with my hand out the window to take the checkered they threw a caution for a spin in turn 2 with no other cars around there. They made us restart and make one more lap and I got shoved out of the way and beat. I don't think they are too consistent on their rules. I think they just do whatever they feel like each time.

6/28/15, 9:21 AM   #10
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

It is posted in the track rules and noted for sprint cars only. If there is a red after the leader takes the white flag, the race is complete. They actually used to have this same rule for a yellow but dropped that to align with other tracks in the area.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PARAGON:Definition of the flag