IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Henchcraft Vs Hyper
11/21/14, 12:42 AM   #1
Henchcraft Vs Hyper
OZRACER

I currently race a Henchcraft Lightning Sprint in Australia and thinking about changing to a Hyper. Has anyone raced both of these chassis? I love how predictable the Henchcraft is to drive and the room in the cockpit. How does the Hyper compare to the Henchcraft in respect to these two areas? Are there any other differences that I need to consider?

Does anyone have a New or near new Hyper chassis kit for sale?

11/21/14, 1:14 AM   #2
SteveB31

Why do you want to switch? Are you getting beat by Hyper cars every week?

11/21/14, 1:25 AM   #3
OZRACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB31 View Post
Why do you want to switch? Are you getting beat by Hyper cars every week?
There are no hypers here, but like the look of them. They are very good with the micro's and 600cc, so I think that the technology they put into those cars should transfer to the lightning sprints. My car is a few years old, and looking to get something newer.

11/21/14, 4:51 AM   #4
Re: Henchcraft Vs Hyper
jyoung8j

if im not mistaken i believe rob winks on here has had or has both them cars.. Both really good cars.. I agree i like the looks also.. Great craftsmanship also..

11/21/14, 12:14 PM   #5
dyerracing83

I have both a hyper and a hench. Both great cars. But I would say the hyper has taken some hits that would have killed a hench. A hyper is a midget chassis made into a lightning sprint so it's build to take a punch. Both are great cars and both are winners. My thoughts on it

11/23/14, 8:16 AM   #6
OZRACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyerracing83 View Post
I have both a hyper and a hench. Both great cars. But I would say the hyper has taken some hits that would have killed a hench. A hyper is a midget chassis made into a lightning sprint so it's build to take a punch. Both are great cars and both are winners. My thoughts on it
Thanks for the feedback. Is there a difference in the cockpit size between the 2 chassis?

11/23/14, 10:29 AM   #7
SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS

I have raced both chassis. The Henchcraft was the car to have until Hyper came out with there Lighting Sprint. The Hyper is a step a head of the rest. The Hyper car will drive itself once you get it set up right. The Henchcraft you always fight it from turning left even under caution flags. I drive the Hyper one handed.The Hyper has more driver space and safer chassis. With the Hyper you never have to move the rear axle to adjust the chain. The car is a excellent wing or non wing car.
Last edited by SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS; 12/2/14 at 11:33 AM.

11/24/14, 6:18 AM   #8
OZRACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS View Post
I have raced both chassis. The Henchcraft was the car to have until Hyper came out with there Lighting Sprint. The Hyper is a step a head of the rest. The Hyper car will drive itself once you get it set up right. The Henchcraft you always fight it ffom turning left even under caution flags. I drive the Hyper one handed.The Hyper has more driver space and safer chassis. With the Hyper you never have to move the rear axle to adjust the chain. The car is a excellent win or non wing car.
Thank you for the feedback.

11/24/14, 10:31 PM   #9
SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS

Ive got the only 2 used Hypers for sale that I know of.

11/28/14, 9:50 PM   #10
dorsettracing10

Sorry winks but your statement on the hench of fighting it of turning left is totally wring on a general discussion. I have never drove a hyper outdoor car but I can tell you this. Hench is not a step behind in fact his new move with eagle motorsports has made henchcraft now that much better. I will not say anything bad about hyper because they are great people . But unfortunately I have to disagree with mr. Winks statement on fighting the hench. If any car is setup rite off the jig iit's a hench and if your fighting the setup your not listening to hench or you don't know what your doing . And trust me I'm no expert but it practically turns for you. As far as a previous statement of a hench not taking hits that is a statement that shold not have been said do to the fact all chassis will beND and bbreak in the rite crash! I have been hit multiplease times and crashed my share of hench cars and they have taken many beatings. Like I said before not bashing hyper just being fair to henchcraft because the numbers don't lie and I'm pretty sure when a henchcraft is on the track no matter where your at they are one of the nicest cars there and also one of if not the best crafted car on the market!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Henchcraft Vs Hyper