IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl so far.
1/12/23, 9:11 AM   #21
Re: Chili Bowl so far.
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I must be the only one on IOW without Flo!😊
Come on Ron, open that wallet and dust the cobwebs out. There's gotta be $150 in there.

3 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, racenut69
1/12/23, 9:14 AM   #22
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 22

short update from the team last night. Sounds promising so far
https://twitter.com/torgersonracing/...CxhcOt_-MsAAAA

1/12/23, 10:10 AM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

What that said if you're someone without Twitter

Torgerson Racing
@torgersonracing
Update on Ashton @_Torgerson02

Passed back ,neck tests waiting on CT scan... 1st thing he asked me was what place was he in!!.. you have no idea how much the support means to Ashton and the family...

1 member likes this post: digdug
1/12/23, 10:57 AM   #24
badcoupe

I’m still shocked he came out of car. Makes you wonder if seat wasn’t properly attached or if possibly the belts weren’t pulled down tight enough etc. I’m going to ask my brother if he went and looked at it after or if any word was going around the pits. Certainly a awful scenario that you never upon anyone, but the mechanical side of me wants to know how that happened

5 members like this post: erich45, ginblueearth, luckybuc97, Pitdad, tirespinner
1/12/23, 10:58 AM   #25
TQ29m

Nope, not alone on that, I'm still watching the after reruns, when I think of it, love the racing, just so busy, at 85, really need to relax a little!

3 members like this post: jdull99, ronmil, tirespinner
1/12/23, 11:53 AM   #26
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
I’m still shocked he came out of car. Makes you wonder if seat wasn’t properly attached or if possibly the belts weren’t pulled down tight enough etc. I’m going to ask my brother if he went and looked at it after or if any word was going around the pits. Certainly a awful scenario that you never upon anyone, but the mechanical side of me wants to know how that happened
The thought from several former races I’m friends with on FB is that Torgensen’s arm restraints caught his latch on his belts and released them. Continued positive thoughts and prayers for the young racer. Thankful that as bad as it was, it appears he will survive.

3 members like this post: digdug, ginblueearth, tirespinner
1/12/23, 12:28 PM   #27
Pitdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
I don't think asking questions about what happened is a bad thing at all. The timing of when you ask those questions can be difficult, but as car owners, crew chiefs, and drivers, we NEED to know what happened so we can determine if it was an equipment failure, design failure, or simply correctable error in the use of existing equipment. All indications at this point are that the young man dodged a major bullet and avoided a tragedy. For that we all should be and are grateful. No doubt EVERYONE is hoping and praying for his recovery.

That said, rampant speculation is always a bad thing because people waste time trying to solve problems that don't really exist, or they mandate half measures that don't truly address or solve the problem. That's when confidence in "authority" is lost. Everyone thinks "they know best" and starts running around selling "snake oil" solutions. I don't think your questions are wrong at all, but until we learn the facts of the case, we're just creating more drama that causes us to lose focus. At the appropriate time, we need to know what happened and somebody (sanctioning body, race organizers, insurance carrier, etc.) should undertake a disciplined problem solving exercise that determines the root cause of the problem and implements appropriate corrective action.

1/12/23, 12:36 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Fourth Miracle I've witnessed this month. Two sports related. Other two family. You see them everyday and pay no attention.
Prayers for a full recovery.

2 members like this post: fish, oppweld
1/12/23, 12:54 PM   #29
Charles Nungester

Update on @_Torgerson02
-

Ashton is sore and has been resting. The CT came back with some blood in the brain, so they continue to monitor. Dr's are amazed that he is doing so well. The support from everyone has been amazing.

He even had a few special visitors last night.

There's a picture in the post on twitter and Apparently Rico and others went to see him.

Rico was a class act in victory lane as well.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 1/12/23 at 12:56 PM.

2 members like this post: RedRacer07, spicoli
1/12/23, 1:50 PM   #30
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Update on @_Torgerson02
-

Ashton is sore and has been resting. The CT came back with some blood in the brain, so they continue to monitor. Dr's are amazed that he is doing so well. The support from everyone has been amazing.

He even had a few special visitors last night.

There's a picture in the post on twitter and Apparently Rico and others went to see him.

Rico was a class act in victory lane as well.
It looks like Rico gave him the trophy from last nights win. Nothing short of a miracle that the kid isn’t dead or paralyzed. Amazing he’s doing good. I’ve never seen anything like that. Watching live on flo, when it happened, it took my breath away. I’m sure they’ll investigate what happened but hopefully with the results, we make sure it never happens again.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl so far.