IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racenut69 (Offline)
  #11 3/16/20 12:19 PM
This at least keeps us from having to wonder about the non-stop rain-outs,these last few years.....This too shall pass....

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
4 Likes: erich45, jdull99, nathans1012, rick42
ronmil (Offline)
  #12 3/16/20 2:08 PM
Ohio has done the same. Excuse the duplicate post. I forgot to quote in my first one and it was confusing.

Ron Miller
ronmil (Offline)
  #13 3/16/20 2:31 PM
Originally Posted by ISF:
Here in the Land O' Lincoln and fat, greasy, crooked politicians they've shut down all bars, restaurants and schools. Basically all non essential human contact (whatever that consists of) outside the home.

There really is no definitive timeline. Some people that are supposed to know about these things are saying mid June is probably a more realistic time line for human gatherings of any size to be resumed. At this point no one knows so it's safe to say that hoping for the best and preparing for the worst is the prudent outlook.

Given the real possibility of the 500 being affected I'm bettin' the Hulman family is awfully glad they got the deal done when they did. No one is more equipped to weather the economic adversity of this magnitude than the buyer and present owner.
Ohio has done the same

Ron Miller
ronmil (Offline)
  #14 3/16/20 2:53 PM
Just announced that all Indiana restaurants and bars must close their dining rooms!

Ron Miller
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #15 3/16/20 3:18 PM
Pennsylvania government announced they would NOT make dirt tracks stop when asked about the races hosted yesterday.
8 Likes: duel, jdull99, luckybuc97, monkeyboy, nathans1012, racenut69, ronmil, the visitor
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #16 3/16/20 5:22 PM
Bars closing here at 9:00 so far
captrat (Offline)
  #17 3/16/20 5:37 PM
This is not driven by the media. This is driven by science and health issues. We are all in this together. Please take the time to educate oneself about this particular virus so that hopefully in the not so distant future ALL of us can enjoy life and all its rewards.
9 Likes: dirt330, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, oldfan49, ronmil, Scott Daloisio, sprinter31, Will Shunk, wright59
racefan20 (Offline)
  #18 3/16/20 6:42 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
This is not driven by the media. This is driven by science and health issues. We are all in this together. Please take the time to educate oneself about this particular virus so that hopefully in the not so distant future ALL of us can enjoy life and all its rewards.

Just be careful who you listen to.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
7 Likes: billw, duel, K92, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racenut69, sc17x
revjimk (Offline)
  #19 3/16/20 9:21 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I expect all governors will just go along with this.
No racing till mid May.
That would be a best case scenario...
Who knows?
Hope we can get SOME racing in this summer
Plus music festivals!
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #20 3/16/20 9:24 PM
Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series postponed for 30 days.
Atomic Speedway, Brownstown Speedway, 411 Motor Speedway, & Talladega Short Track rescheduled.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.