IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > K. Miller's USAC announcement
7/9/15, 8:27 PM   #11
Re: K. Miller's USAC announcement
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
I don't agree with what the original poster says in this post, but a lot of people say a lot of things that the moderators don't agree with. However, that alone is not enough to get you kicked off. Just as in this case, IOW members kind of do the housekeeping on a lot of threads. This guy made a point, but didn't really make that good of a case to back up his point, then several others followed up and did so with their counterpoint. There are a lot of people on IOW who really know their stuff. If you're going to start a thread and make a controversial point, you'd better be able to back it up. Otherwise you'll more than likely end up getting cancelled out by someone who can.

Jerry
You reply to me, but not the person that started this idiotic thread?

Jim Fisher

7/9/15, 8:34 PM   #12
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard 05 View Post
If you decide to fire him,,or get him fired,,I would love to take his place and bring back the good old days,,Silver Crown first..I'll do it for less than half what he gets now and have them put the other half back into the series championship pots.And yes I'd even leave my ranch here in Michigan and move to Indy.
Please post your resume. Perhaps someone can find you a job cleaning restrooms after the races if nothing else.

Jim Fisher
Last edited by fish; 7/9/15 at 8:35 PM.

7/9/15, 8:36 PM   #13
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
You reply to me, but not the person that started this idiotic thread?

Jim Fisher
I replied to your demanding that we ban another poster. The guy has almost 1500 posts. He's not going to be banned just because you don't agree with what he's saying. I'm done with discussing this matter.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

3 members like this post: racephoto1, sprntr, team3521
7/9/15, 8:58 PM   #14
fish

Quote:
I replied to your demanding that we ban another poster. The guy has almost 1500 posts. He's not going to be banned just because you don't agree with what he's saying. I'm done with discussing this matter.

Jerry
I was demanding you ban another poster?

If that "poster" calls for the firing of ANY racing official I'm going to stand up and say it's wrong. I've been on the other side of the fence.

He doesn't even have the courage to put his name on his posts.

Jim Fisher

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, opnwhlmnd
7/9/15, 9:52 PM   #15
KMS2683

Countless posts by "midget experts" have stated one solution is to race midgets on 1/4 mile and smaller tracks. I read Kevin Millers comments to be a change in that direction. Yet, the thread turns into the typical bashing.....midget racers are their own worst enemy.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, oldfan49, RacingGirl10
7/9/15, 10:02 PM   #16
LEADERS EDGE

Some of the thoughts and ideas I heard today seem very promising and should generate quite a bit of interest if they are able to be implemented.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Shaw, Pat O'Connor Fan
7/9/15, 10:03 PM   #17
Nate

I agree with comment above, it's not a new concept that the larger tracks, although fun to watch as a fan at times, are hard on engines and often result in midgets getting torn up.

I read into it as Miller actually is hearing what people are saying and may restructure the schedule to stay on smaller tracks much like Powri. Now, what that would do in terms of events like the 4-Crown and what not I'm not sure and that's why I'm not jumping to any conclusions.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
7/9/15, 10:10 PM   #18
BrentTFunk

Quote:

Jerry
I don't know about his other 1400 posts, but I know the last 2 have been no substance, and all personal attack. Starting discussion is one thing, but instead of stating an opposing view, this guy just attacks someone, saying they should be fired.

2 members like this post: fish, opnwhlmnd
7/9/15, 10:36 PM   #19
Rpracing1

2 members like this post: Blitzman, PARKS
7/9/15, 11:42 PM   #20
team3521

Most of you on this board are sheeple. You will follow wherever you're being lead off to. Including to slaughter.
I'd like to know, Mr. Fisher, have you ever owned a race car?
How about a midget?
Have you ever ran a race as an owner or as a driver with USAC?
We have had some very interesting discussions on this board, and we have beaten this dead horse so many times I don't have the energy or the enthusiasm to write it anymore. But I can tell you this. The only reason I post my opinion is because I care about the future of our sport.
Mr. Miller in my opinion has done nothing but hurt it. He's been paid exorbitantly for many years off of the sheeple that don't ask any questions about his performance.
I'm done with this...but thank you for expressing your opinion. That is one of the reasons of what this board is for. It's called freedom of speech in case you've forgotten that.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Ford Racing, ShamrockRacin'48G, sprntr
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > K. Miller's USAC announcement