IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wow read this race of champions
1/10/09, 3:12 PM   #11
Re: Wow read this race of champions
LocalYokel

Some of you on this board are completely insane, or maybe its just gullible....

1/10/09, 3:29 PM   #12
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
Some of you on this board are completely insane....
it keeps us from going crazy (to paraphrase the words of an old Waylon Jennings song).

1/10/09, 3:40 PM   #13
Re: Wow, Read This...Race Of Champions
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Haha! That's a good one, Devin. :O: How about we take out the top four in votes, since they cheated? Let me see, who was fifth...

Honestly, they're just having a little fun with the whole voting process, that's all. The two that get the race, got the most votes, so that's that I guess. We'll see who takes the checkered flag soon! :checkered:
Almost everyone cheated....Im just saying put them 2 the back cuz they where ahead by alot in votes.

1/10/09, 4:00 PM   #14
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
Almost everyone cheated....Im just saying put them 2 the back cuz they where ahead by alot in votes.
Where is the proof of this? Please tell all of us in IOW. I am sure we would all like to know. Including some of the drivers involved in this poll.

1/10/09, 4:14 PM   #15
micro94

Cheat or not whats the difference?We have one driver that could make a pretty good showing and we have Tony Elliott who couldnt win a race at your local go kart track.It shouldnt be a big deal.Strap em in and let em go.Good Luck to all.

1/10/09, 5:12 PM   #16
Kirk Spridgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro94 View Post
Cheat or not whats the difference?We have one driver that could make a pretty good showing and we have Tony Elliott who couldnt win a race at your local go kart track.It shouldnt be a big deal.Strap em in and let em go.Good Luck to all.
Have some respect for one of the most accomplished race car drivers of this era. A guy who put together a great career, winning a boatload of races, all while being one of the most fan-friendly drivers I've ever met and having a life (and career) outside of racing. And, he's found a way to do it without seriously injuring himself. It's one of the most impressive careers I can think of....

And oh yeah, he's still plenty competitive in the races he runs, which includes the Chili Bowl and the Little 500 (the most challenging sprint car race of all). He ran well last year in Tulsa in what we all could recognize is an under-funded car. Tony Elliott is a champion...

1/10/09, 5:18 PM   #17
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk spridgeon View Post
have some respect for one of the most accomplished race car drivers of this era. A guy who put together a great career, winning a boatload of races, all while being one of the most fan-friendly drivers i've ever met and having a life (and career) outside of racing. And, he's found a way to do it without seriously injuring himself. It's one of the most impressive careers i can think of....

And oh yeah, he's still plenty competitive in the races he runs, which includes the chili bowl and the little 500 (the most challenging sprint car race of all). He ran well last year in tulsa in what we all could recognize is an under-funded car. Tony elliott is a champion...
100 % right

1/10/09, 5:18 PM   #18
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Have some respect for one of the most accomplished race car drivers of this era. A guy who put together a great career, winning a boatload of races, all while being one of the most fan-friendly drivers I've ever met and having a life (and career) outside of racing. And, he's found a way to do it without seriously injuring himself. It's one of the most impressive careers I can think of....

And oh yeah, he's still plenty competitive in the races he runs, which includes the Chili Bowl and the Little 500 (the most challenging sprint car race of all). He ran well last year in Tulsa in what we all could recognize is an under-funded car. Tony Elliott is a champion...
Agreed 100%

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1/10/09, 5:33 PM   #19
TQ29m

I'll have to add my 100% correct to that. My question is this, what would make you talk like this, about someone as nice as Tony? Bob

1/10/09, 6:09 PM   #20
Pitpass

What Kirk said....:thumb

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wow read this race of champions