IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #1 1/19/14 1:19 AM
Kudos to mav. I don't have it yet but went to a BWW that did. I figure comcast will get it before long. How cool was that to see this event on TV! Beats the heck out of anything else on.
11 Likes: agar, EBookerFan, JCC, johnnythunderhead, Jrp4554, racegal, rmcar, robert gatten, skids59, speed bump, Tubee
midgetmaniac (Offline)
  #2 1/19/14 2:58 AM
Glad it was on , but to much swindell BS. I am glad a true midget shoe won.
9 Likes: Joe@ScaleSprints, johnnythunderhead, mowerman, rachasin, Red Hat, robert gatten, skids59, The Old Coyote, Tubee
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #3 1/19/14 10:24 AM
Like em or hate em, the Swindell's earned the coverage by being the 5 time defending champs. Was neat to see someone else win! Got to love a winner that has a twitter page for his dog!!
2 Likes: Puddin33, speed bump
arctic monkey21 (Offline)
  #4 1/19/14 10:51 AM
Might not be everybody's cup of tea, but live dirt coverage again next month for late models at Eastbay too. Hopefully they plan on doing more live dirt events of all kinds.
2 Likes: johnnythunderhead, speed bump
Bill Blumer (Offline)
  #5 1/19/14 11:02 AM
MAVTV crammed a lot of stuff in and considering how quickly they move the show along at the Chili Bowl I too think they did a great job. Although they did keep the camera on Kevin for that C main (I think) win, when there was a bunch of action in the back. Yet, in the same scenario in the first C, they didn't give the same coverage to Brandon Waelti and showed the racing for the transfer instead.
But, how great is it that someone who may not be familiar with Midget racing got to see the race at their local bar? Maybe it will help bring them to the track some day.
3 Likes: billw, JCC, speed bump
racer-x (Offline)
  #6 1/19/14 11:35 AM
I guess I have been too busy watching Good Morning America and THE OPRAH and didn't find out till I was flipping channels last night that I even had MAV TV. I was killing time trying to stay up for the Supercross and came across the channel. I think the coverage of the chilibowl was GREAT and I didn't even mind it going into the first hour or so of the sleeper heats at the supercross live from California.I didn't even turn the channel till all the interviews were over.

I even think the interview lady last night ( too busy to look up her name) was better last night then she was doing SX last year.

Every time Larson says Chris Bell is better then himself it makes me think how "humble" he is..

If bullying becomes a law (don't doubt me it will sooner then you think) maybe we will get to see some old man go after a kid because he Bullied him in his midget. We will need a TV show for the race and then another show 3 years later when the the case goes to court after the lawsuit!
kylecumminsfan (Offline)
  #7 1/19/14 8:49 PM
will this be on again?? i just got back from CB and wanted to watch it..
racegal (Offline)
  #8 1/19/14 9:37 PM
Thank you Mav TV and thank you for the weekly Sprint races!
So glad I have directv!!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
dkc42 (Offline)
  #9 1/19/14 11:00 PM
Glad I went and set my TV to record it as reports are my local BWW refused to turn it on as they are only allowed to play things that are sports related.