IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #1 11/10/13 5:30 AM
Maybe I missed the boat on this one, so if this is old news, please let me slide.....

.... but I just realized that the World of Outlaws Sprints have a deal to air races tape delayed on the CBS Sports Network starting tonight (11/10). The NBC Sports Network has been carrying IndyCar and Formula 1 all year long, but I had no idea there was a CBS Sports Network until now. I had to check my cable to see if I even HAD it, and, lo and behold.....yeah, BUDDY! I just never went to that channel on the dial.

Tonight (11/10) they are airing the racing from Williams Grove back on 10/4. Next Sunday is Williams Grove from 10/5. The complete television schedule is at http://www.woosprint.com/news/featur...k-to-air-races. World Finals Night 1 and 2 air 12/15 and 12/22 respectively.

Happy to report the news I am.

http://www.cbssportsnetwork.com/channel-finder
7 Likes: Bostonian, Joe@ScaleSprints, johnnythunderhead, PIT CART, ronmil, Russ, speed bump
ronmil (Offline)
  #2 11/10/13 6:15 PM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
Maybe I missed the boat on this one, so if this is old news, please let me slide.....

.... but I just realized that the World of Outlaws Sprints have a deal to air races tape delayed on the CBS Sports Network starting tonight (11/10). The NBC Sports Network has been carrying IndyCar and Formula 1 all year long, but I had no idea there was a CBS Sports Network until now. I had to check my cable to see if I even HAD it, and, lo and behold.....yeah, BUDDY! I just never went to that channel on the dial.

Tonight (11/10) they are airing the racing from Williams Grove back on 10/4. Next Sunday is Williams Grove from 10/5. The complete television schedule is at http://www.woosprint.com/news/featur...k-to-air-races. World Finals Night 1 and 2 air 12/15 and 12/22 respectively.

Happy to report the news I am.

http://www.cbssportsnetwork.com/channel-finder
I just discovered that I have this channel, too. The former SPEED channel used to carry the World Finals live for the last few years. It seems that our race coverage has reverted back to the days when we would see a few laps on Wide World of Sports a month or two after the race was run. Apparently the Must See Extreme Series is only on MAVTV now. They had excellent programs; wish they would return them to the FOX channels that I used to watch them on. We had it good for a few years, with ESPN, TNN and SPEED, but it looks like the stick and ball sports have taken over.

Ron Miller
Jackslash.com (Offline)
  #3 11/10/13 8:07 PM
Actually our Sprint Car and Midget racing coverage has expanded this year like never before.

MAV-TV, NBC and CBS Sports are without a doubt the current savior for Sprint Car and Midget racing on modern television.

The World of Outlaws just signed a deal with CBS Sports as you know.

Currently MAV-TV offers POWRI National Midgets, KISS, MSCS, and Local Indiana Sprint Cars, ASCS National Tour Sprint Cars, and the Must See Extreme Series.

We produced 26 television shows in 2013 featuring KISS, MSCS, local Indiana Sprint Cars and POWRI Midgets at Bloomington and the Leffler Memorial in Illinois. ASCS National Tour has had many TV shows this season at tracks like Devils Bowl, Yuma, and the Hockett Memorial at Wheatland, Missouri.

MAV-TV also produces the Lucas Oil Late Model TV shows from Lawrenceburg, Florence, and Wheatland. MAV-TV is also taping the Saturday night portion of the upcoming Chili Bowl (which is rumored to be LIVE).

MAV-TV just shot their first LIVE show out west at an Off Road event.

This is only the beginning. Look forward to many more LIVE races starting as early as next year.

There are a lot of hard working people who have made a lot of sacrifices to bring all of you MAV-TV viewers quality Sprint Car and Midget programming.

We sincerely appreciate the support and feedback with our "Flip the Switch" Indiana Sprint Car shows. TV is an extremely tough business to not only get into, but to see a show carry out 26 different episodes.

If you are a Sprint Car and Midget fan, do what you can to get MAV-TV through DISH Network or Direct TV.

Good things are on the horizon for 2014.

JackslashTV
14 Likes: 2fast4u, babcock14d, Chase32, CTtoPA, darnall, i love dirt track racing, illinifan, JazzTrombonist, Kansasdirtfan, Koonzee, mowerman, Panama, Russ, VSneader2
midgetmaniac (Offline)
  #4 11/11/13 4:56 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
I just discovered that I have this channel, too. The former SPEED channel used to carry the World Finals live for the last few years. It seems that our race coverage has reverted back to the days when we would see a few laps on Wide World of Sports a month or two after the race was run. Apparently the Must See Extreme Series is only on MAVTV now. They had excellent programs; wish they would return them to the FOX channels that I used to watch them on. We had it good for a few years, with ESPN, TNN and SPEED, but it looks like the stick and ball sports have taken over.
I agree completely about ball /stick sports taking over.
ronmil (Offline)
  #5 11/11/13 8:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jackslash.com:
Actually our Sprint Car and Midget racing coverage has expanded this year like never before.

MAV-TV, NBC and CBS Sports are without a doubt the current savior for Sprint Car and Midget racing on modern television.

The World of Outlaws just signed a deal with CBS Sports as you know.

Currently MAV-TV offers POWRI National Midgets, KISS, MSCS, and Local Indiana Sprint Cars, ASCS National Tour Sprint Cars, and the Must See Extreme Series.

We produced 26 television shows in 2013 featuring KISS, MSCS, local Indiana Sprint Cars and POWRI Midgets at Bloomington and the Leffler Memorial in Illinois. ASCS National Tour has had many TV shows this season at tracks like Devils Bowl, Yuma, and the Hockett Memorial at Wheatland, Missouri.

MAV-TV also produces the Lucas Oil Late Model TV shows from Lawrenceburg, Florence, and Wheatland. MAV-TV is also taping the Saturday night portion of the upcoming Chili Bowl (which is rumored to be LIVE).

MAV-TV just shot their first LIVE show out west at an Off Road event.

This is only the beginning. Look forward to many more LIVE races starting as early as next year.

There are a lot of hard working people who have made a lot of sacrifices to bring all of you MAV-TV viewers quality Sprint Car and Midget programming.

We sincerely appreciate the support and feedback with our "Flip the Switch" Indiana Sprint Car shows. TV is an extremely tough business to not only get into, but to see a show carry out 26 different episodes.

If you are a Sprint Car and Midget fan, do what you can to get MAV-TV through DISH Network or Direct TV.

Good things are on the horizon for 2014.
I don't have MAV-TV. I do have NBC Sports and CBS Sports, so I get Formula One and Indy car, but most of the grassroots racing is on MAV-TV, and Time Warner doesn't seem interested in adding it.

Ron Miller