IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lburg sprint week updates?
7/10/10, 1:01 AM   #61
Re: lburg sprint week updates?
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

No one said anything bad about Memmer. They just asked if he did any crank yanking lol. Would have been cool to see someone get their first USAC win tonight though.

7/10/10, 1:06 AM   #62
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by awon24 View Post
Who owns the 71p that Hagen is in? Is that the Phillips car that Puterbaugh Jr. used to be in?
Yes $$$$$$$$$

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: awon24
7/10/10, 1:07 AM   #63
Tripcrwn

Good finish by Hunter! Best of luck the rest of the way.

7/10/10, 1:11 AM   #64
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightracer View Post
Lap one. Windom wrecks. Matt Mitchell was spun out by Levi jones and Casey Riggs flipped down the frontstretch. No injuries. After Mitchell got out of the car he proceeded to run to turn 3 and hit jones.
Posted via Mobile Device
That whole thing was started by Levi getting sideways coming off of turn 4 then gassing it and sideswiping someone(sitting in turn 1 and couldnt tell who) everyone reacted and Windom, Riggs and Mitchell all were eliminated by a real dumb move by Levi. A few laps after the restart Levi pulled his blocking stunt again and damn near took DD to the wall. I imagine there was a line at Levi's trailer waiting for the 1st shot to kick his butt.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: Geoff Kaiser, jim goerge, wildman92
7/10/10, 2:25 AM   #65
ClaytonYeley

I will never understand how USAC figures out their starting lineups. Grant was the fastest in qualifications and worked his way up to a great finish in his heat and starts mid pack in the A. Jon won his heat and started near the tail of the A. I hate to complain, and I guess everyone has an opinion about it but it looks to me like this system promotes sandbagging. Is USAC qualifications as meaningless as it looks? Anyways, it was a pretty good race considering I almost didn’t go because of the forecast.

7/10/10, 2:58 AM   #66
wideopen24

The top 6 in quals are inverted in the A main-if they make it through the heat races.....Qual. is very important with USAC the heats are invert (top 24) so yes if you sand bag you will start up front in the heat race but you will then start where you qualed. in the feature..... Ex. If i qual. 24 quick, I will start in the pole of my heat but start behind the guys 1st-23rd quick in the A...the b is also lined up by qual. times... thats why East started on the pole after running last (dnf) in his heat race...... 2 laps can make or break your whole night!
Last edited by wideopen24; 7/10/10 at 3:00 AM.

7/10/10, 7:25 AM   #67
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1006 View Post
Memmer is an awesom driver. You need to get a life!!!
think you need to learn how to spell and go back to school....oh nice first post...i didnt say anything bad about him just wondered if he was crank yanking tonight

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lburg sprint week updates?