IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #1 7/21/16 12:40 PM
I realize there is big doubleheader at Kokomo this weekend with the All Star Sprints, but tracks are starting to cancel the weekend programs due to heat. Hartford Speedway and Kalamazoo Speedway up here are two of them. There were some mid-week cancellations in Minnesota, too.

Not to be a pessimist, but it will be very hot this weekend. If the races go on, which I truly hope they do, please take actions to ensure your health and well being and keep hydrated. Beer, although good on a hot day, can really take it out of you in extreme heat.

Let's hope for the best!
3 Likes: 34racer, Jerry Spencer, team3521
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #2 7/21/16 12:44 PM
It is very hot here in Kokomo today, plenty of water and use your head. I am staying close to the air and the pool this week.

Jerry #66j
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #3 7/21/16 1:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer:
I am staying close to the air and the pool this week.

Jerry #66j
Which pool,the one at home or the one at work? . .
4 Likes: i love dirt track racing, racefan20, tirespinner, Tony74
Mudclodbob (Offline)
  #4 7/21/16 2:45 PM
Add Spartan Speedway to Fridays list of cancellations. Hopefully they can re-schedule the MTS show.
Nate (Offline)
  #5 7/21/16 3:32 PM
The Burg pushed their starting times back for Saturday. Hot laps at 7.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
  #6 7/22/16 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Mudclodbob:
Add Spartan Speedway to Fridays list of cancellations. Hopefully they can re-schedule the MTS show.
I see Fremont now canceled. This is the first track that is doing so that was supposed to run Saturday Night.

If Kokomo is a go, I wonder if this will change the car count Saturday Night? I guess it depends on how hot the heat gets in the kitchen.
OnTheHammer (Offline)
  #7 7/22/16 10:34 AM
Montpelier also pushed the start time back for the Saturday MSCS show. Hot laps are now at 6:00pm, racing at 7:30pm
MIracing (Offline)
  #8 7/22/16 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
I see Fremont now canceled. This is the first track that is doing so that was supposed to run Saturday Night.

If Kokomo is a go, I wonder if this will change the car count Saturday Night? I guess it depends on how hot the heat gets in the kitchen.
I'm not sure it helps counts unless guys saw it and decided to hit Kokomo for 2 nights instead of running Attica for 1. Attica runs and I believe it is fast.

Dirt classic makes it hard to run Sat only. Sat heats are set by Friday night points.

Stay hydrated and drink lots of beer! 😂
racefan20 (Offline)
  #9 7/22/16 12:04 PM
Paragon cancelled and Putnamville pushed back an hour

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
  #10 7/22/16 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by MIracing:
....Dirt classic makes it hard to run Sat only. Sat heats are set by Friday night points.
Oh. Right-O.