IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rico Abru
1/20/21, 9:50 PM   #11
Re: Where's Rico Abreu Going??....
jim goerge

This is just a guess but I think Rico is going back to the trucks, before you laugh hear me out. Rico had Kyle Bush backing at Chili Bowl (Rowdy Energy drinks) I don"t think Bush has anybody to drive his truck SO there we go. Just my humble opinion .

2 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, Ken Bonnema
1/20/21, 10:24 PM   #12
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
The key in the article was his "own" sprint car team anymore. Probably would be open to driving for someone else.

Bruce Eckel
Bruce,you're absolutely correct about driving for someone else.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
1/20/21, 11:12 PM   #13
openwheelfan1

Just posted on FB that Rico will pair with Paul Silva in the Larson/Silva #57. No schedule on where they plan to race was posted.

5 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, racenut69
1/20/21, 11:32 PM   #14
chathamracefan

Bostonian...You are as wild as u want to be!!
Last edited by chathamracefan; 1/20/21 at 11:34 PM.

1 member likes this post: Bostonian
1/21/21, 2:47 AM   #15
Re: Where's Rico Abreu Going??....
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
This is just a guess but I think Rico is going back to the trucks, before you laugh hear me out. Rico had Kyle Bush backing at Chili Bowl (Rowdy Energy drinks) I don"t think Bush has anybody to drive his truck SO there we go. Just my humble opinion .
I wished you were correct, and maybe they WILL work together on the Truck Kyle runs as the rules allow him too (leaving MANY open weeks!)...BUT John Hunter and Chandler Smith ARE set for full-time rides in two of Kyle's trucks in 2021...but I gather you did mean "his" truck (as to the 3rd one Kyle runs, when he can), so again, that would cool!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/21/21, 7:40 AM   #16
Re: Rico Abru
chop

I would think the connection with Kyle Bush may have something to do with his son racing carts on dirt. Kyle is at top of the Toyota racing pyramid. Seems early, but may be making connections for his son down the road.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/21/21, 10:05 AM   #17
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
Just posted on FB that Rico will pair with Paul Silva in the Larson/Silva #57. No schedule on where they plan to race was posted.
That’s partly correct. The 57 is owned by Kevin Kozlowsli. It’s the works limited 57. Paul will be the crew chief for Rico. This was all from walkapedia on Twitter. Larson’s 57 is still there whenever he can run it

5 members like this post: jim goerge, jonboat15, luckybuc97, racenut69, sc17x
1/21/21, 4:59 PM   #18
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
They are running in the wild wings shootout this weekend. In Arizona. Got a couple of the racing family members just landed for the racing events this weekend. Should be a great car count with no one else racing and $6000 to win the first two nights and $10000 to win on Sunday night.

1/21/21, 5:20 PM   #19
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
They are running in the wild wings shootout this weekend. In Arizona. Got a couple of the racing family members just landed for the racing events this weekend. Should be a great car count with no one else racing and $6000 to win the first two nights and $10000 to win on Sunday night.
I talked to those two family members yesterday,they mentioned no remorse that you weren't able to make the trip??WTH

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
1/21/21, 5:51 PM   #20
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
I talked to those two family members yesterday,they mentioned no remorse that you weren't able to make the trip??WTH
I had a schedule appointments today and could not get back in till March. I am sure that they will be alright but they better be ready to make some Kodak moments and life time memories next month in Florida. Lmao.

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rico Abru