IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Watch Chili Bowl Free here
1/17/21, 1:28 PM   #11
Re: Watch Chili Bowl Free here
chop

It is cold and snowy here in Michigan. Any race is better then none. So it was not just me that found the camera work to be odd?It seem to be so fast switching from one camera to another, you lost track what you were watching. It seems like other times the race is covered with 2 camera and you got the feel of the race. could see passing, get a feel of the race action. If I was going to be an arm chair track groomer, I would say they did it right for the B mains but messed it up for the A main.

6 members like this post: addictedtodirt, duel, jim goerge, Pitdad, Points, ronmil
1/17/21, 1:30 PM   #12
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc5227 View Post
The Mav broadcast was ridiculous, I went to bed it took so long.
Me, too. I just watched the A this AM on Facebook. The rework didn't seem to have done much. It might have been better if they had left it alone after the Bs (or maybe just a little water as they'd been doing all week).

6 members like this post: addictedtodirt, duel, ISF, jim goerge, luckybuc97, Pitdad
1/17/21, 1:58 PM   #13
duel

Glad I didn't have a large get together as in years past. The reason, most people leave before the main it takes so long to get going. I think next year I will record it. The races during the week are exciting and run off fast.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97
1/17/21, 2:01 PM   #14
badcoupe

Yea the rework between b and a is way to lengthy. I wish they’d leave the flo-racin boys commentators on for the Mav broadcast there much more in the know and relatable than the guys mav bring in

7 members like this post: 95KART, duel, ISF, jeffj, jim goerge, Pitdad, Rpracing1
1/17/21, 3:12 PM   #15
BLASTER1

Anyone ever hear of a limit on amount of track equipment that can be used for this event.

I would think more equipment would be a plus to faster track prep!

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Rpracing1
1/17/21, 5:53 PM   #16
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I am glad I wasn't there in person!

6 members like this post: duel, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, luckybuc97, PIT CART, Rpracing1
1/17/21, 6:23 PM   #17
Pitdad

First time to watch on FloRacing (at all). Have watched some MAV coverage of ASCS in the past. Thought (at the time) that FloRacing coverage was pretty good. Some of the youthful hijinks and terminology wore on this old-timer ("fluff", when did marbles become "fluff"?) Switched over to MAV and IMMEDIATELY wished FloRacing was covering the B's and A. MAV camera shots nearly gave me seizures. The announcing crew was far too sprint car-centric. I get that you're trying to appeal to what you think your demographic is, but found some of their lack of midget racing awareness to be insulting.

The track prep was too much of a story all week. They made "Gravel" a celebrity. They clearly missed having Tony there. I think they were overthinking it. I think (hope) they learned a lot and will realize next year to trust their instincts and not try to make the track so perfect.

Also annoyed at the idea that "anybody" can stumble in off the street and drive a midget. NASCAR guys, drag racers, pavement stock car guys, some of the accidents and race stoppages were completely predictable.

Hope this is taken as constructive criticism. Still VERY glad to have this level of coverage for midget racing.

6 members like this post: duel, ISF, jeffj, jim goerge, luckybuc97, Rpracing1
1/17/21, 6:38 PM   #18
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Every year we say we aren’t going to “do this again” (ie stay awake until Sunday to watch the final race), but alas we do. We get that Mav is catering to their demographic of viewers but all you heard about all night were the NASCAR drivers who were running in the A. Clueless about everyone else.

And don’t even get us started on the track prep. Absolutely ridiculous...and it didn’t seem to do any good. Perhaps next year we will record it and fast forward through all the filler time and not stay up until 1am just to say “we stayed awake for that?”

1/17/21, 6:43 PM   #19
jim goerge

One thing that got old with me was seemed like every interview was with Bell or Larson, yes I know they were the favorites, but there were a lot more guys there than just them.
Last edited by jim goerge; 1/17/21 at 6:45 PM.

1/18/21, 12:08 PM   #20
Rpracing1

FLO's replay of their A main coverage was much better than MAV's. Miss Dave Despain. Miss the guy with the Binocular flask from a few years back. Should of just ironed in top of track with a lil moisture as had done all week. Pretty much a snoozer in my book. Probably lost a few new watchers from that coverage. I guess curfew not in effect on Saturday night. I agree with all previous comments on this page. Glad we cancelled our viewing party for this year. Hope a better upcoming year. Cheers!

4 members like this post: dirt330, duel, jim goerge, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Watch Chili Bowl Free here