IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shamrock Classic?
1/23/21, 7:30 AM   #21
Re: Shamrock Classic?
racenut69

Winged Micros at SIC on Feb.27th....Midwest Winter Nationals....Not the Shamrock,but it is something to go see....

2 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge
1/23/21, 2:48 PM   #22
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
March 28th 2009 -

https://thethirdturn.com/wiki/2009_Dean_King_Memorial

& this appears to be about ALL of them!? (although I don't see at least the Jan 19, 2008 one on there...which I know did happen...video on ubtube, the one I always watch wasn't dated correctly tho...)

https://thethirdturn.com/wiki/Southern_Illinois_Center

At a quick glance, it does look like 2012 was the one that was cancelled because of the snow
The Dean King Memorial on March 28, 2009 sounds so familiar, but I don’t show any races that year until Bloomington on April 17th. Could I have possibly attended and not recorded it?!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/23/21, 7:21 PM   #23
Re: Shamrock Classic?
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Ooops!
I overlooked the January 16, 2005 race featuring 600cc mini sprints and USAC Ford Focus midgets. I still show nothing in 2009.
It was very cold pitting outside. Fun times though....

Ray Takes DuQuoin Indoor Focus Debut Former Midwest Ford Focus Midget Car Series champion Robbie Ray of Davenport, Iowa held off a resilient Brad Loyet in Sunday afternoon's 40-lap "Pepsi Mid America Ford Focus Midget Nationals" ...

Former Midwest Ford Focus Midget Car Series champion Robbie Ray of Davenport, Iowa held off a resilient Brad Loyet in Sunday afternoon's 40-lap "Pepsi Mid America Ford Focus Midget Nationals" feature at the Southern Illinois Center on the grounds of the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds.

Ray, who returned to his father Mark's No. 3 Calico Coatings/Simpson Beast/Ford Focus after running another car in the Carolina/Virginia Ford Focus Midget Car Series in 2004, led all 40 laps in USAC's first Ford Focus race of 2005.

It wasn't easy for the former Midwest series champion though. Despite starting on the pole and moving to the front in Turn 1 of the opening lap, Ray endured Loyet's consistent pestering for more than half the feature.

"It's hard to do," Ray said of his flag-to-flag win. "I never knew how close third was to Brad and myself, so I didn't know how hard to run it. I know I made some mistakes, but we were able to pull it off."

As Ray stepped to the front, Loyet sliced through the field. Starting sixth, he gained three spots in the first six laps and took advantage of an error by Tony Main. A first-timer in USAC Ford Focus competition, Main was battling for the point on lap seven but spun in Turn 2.

From there, Loyet could only bang on the back of Ray's car, with Ray gaining minimal track space following several cautions. The lead duo hugged the bottom groove and stretched its lead over the rest of the pack, with Ray rarely giving Loyet an inch.

Ray, who admitted he made mistakes during the event, slid just high enough in Turn Two on lap 49, allowing Loyet a final chance. But Ray closed the door as they entered the backstretch of the 1/6-mile temporary dirt oval, and held on to pass underneath the twin checkered flags about a car length ahead of Loyet.

Ray credited Loyet with his clean driving style on the slick track, admitting Loyet, in a faster car, could have taken him out at any time.

"Brad drove one darn good race," Ray said. "He had every chance in the world to take me out. He got into me a few times, and that happens indoors. You've got to expect that. But he let off; he didn't keep shoving and spin me out. My hat's off to him."

Stephanie Mockler, Ryan Litt and Ronnie Wuerdeman rounded out the top five.

Jimmy Light and Kyle Robbins each flipped on the front straightaway, but both drivers emerged from their cars unscathed. Heat winners included Loyet, Mockler and Adam Kramer. The second of the two events in the indoor series championship is scheduled for Feb. 19.

--USAC--

USAC FORD FOCUS MIDGET CAR RACE RESULTS: January 16, 2005 -- DuQuoin, Illinois -- Southern Illinois Center -- Pepsi Mid America Ford Focus Midget Championships

FIRST HEAT: (8 laps)
1. Brad Loyet (#5 Loyet)
2. Jasiel Randolph (#22J Randolph)
3. Kevin Studley (#57 Studley)
4. Mark Bush (#7 Bush)
5. Ronnie Wuerdeman (#33 Wuerdeman)
6. Mike Nigh (#51 Nigh). NT

SECOND HEAT: (8 laps)
1. Stephanie Mockler (#16 Frew)
2. Tony Main (#03 Main)
3. Danny Foster (#2B Eubanks)
4. Kyle Robbins (#77 Robbins)
5. Josh Clemons (#71 Clemons)
6. Kevin Thomas (#8 Thomas). NT

THIRD HEAT: (8 laps)
1. Adam Kramer (#32 Kramer)
2. Robbie Ray (#3 Ray)
3. Jimmy Light (#22 Gibens)
4. Ryan Litt (#41 Griffin)
5. Brandon Hartsell (#11 Hartsell)
6. Jim Mills (#45 Mills).

FEATURE: (40 laps)
1. Robbie Ray
2. Brad Loyet
3. Stephanie Mockler
4. Ryan Litt
5. Ronnie Wuerdeman
6. Adam Kramer
7. Jim Mills
8. Mark Bush
9. Jasiel Randolph
10. Kevin Studley
11. Kevin Thomas
12. Mike Nigh
13. Danny Foster
14. Brandon Hartsell
15. Tony Main
16. Kyle Robbins
17. Jimmy Light. NT

FEATURE LAP LEADERS: Laps 1-40 Ray.
Last edited by Ray3; 1/23/21 at 7:24 PM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/24/21, 3:08 AM   #24
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
The Dean King Memorial on March 28, 2009 sounds so familiar, but I don’t show any races that year until Bloomington on April 17th. Could I have possibly attended and not recorded it?!
I checked my calendar for 2009 and it showed I had meeting scheduled with my racing buddy at 1:30 on the 28th, so I must have been at that race and I simply didn’t record it.

3 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shamrock Classic?