IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mlamb (Offline)
  #1 1/16/14 5:18 PM
Just saw where Bloomington speedway has lowered the sprint car feature winner $$$ from $1,400 to $1,200 to win. My fist question is am I the only one who thinks racers and car owners deserve more money to win or more money to start(or atleast what they paid last year)not smaller? I understand running a track is never easy, and at times financially taxing. Raising admission prices and pit passes, yet paying the ones whom support your track LESS, just doesn't make sense! I'm curious what drivers and car owners think? Maybe they'll consider supporting a track whom in turn supports them?
7 Likes: bigq11, Chastain75, CRA91, Dirtfan, jdull99, SPD 37, spicoli
torqueball (Offline)
  #2 1/16/14 5:41 PM
The purse structure has been altered, but it has not been lowered. Money has been redistributed throughout the field.
mlamb (Offline)
  #3 1/16/14 5:44 PM
Let's see it then? I'd be more than happy to check it out! 1400 to 1200 is lowering? By my math.
3 Likes: Chastain75, Dirtfan, SPD 37
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #4 1/16/14 6:01 PM
If they lowered the money to win and distributed that money throughout the field than that is one thing. But if they lowered the price to win and didn't put that money somewhere else, and then raise admission price, that is not too good.

I see they got rid of the car count stipulation on mods and super stocks. But it looks like the payout isn't too terrible for those classes. $600 to win for super stocks isn't bad. A lot better than some tracks. See ya in 2014 at bton.
JordanBlanton (Offline)
  #5 1/16/14 6:04 PM
Clearly the winners share is down, but the full purse includes 19 other spots, so it's quite feasible that the total purse remains the same. I don't believe the full purse has been posted, but according to the Bloomington Speedway Facebook page, it will be posted soon.
SPD 37 (Offline)
  #6 1/16/14 6:18 PM
Bottom line, you charge more for the front gate and pit gate, the change should be more money through out the field, why cut the winners share at all?

Why charge more money at the gates anyway?
torqueball (Offline)
  #7 1/16/14 6:31 PM
We all agree that short track racers deserve higher paying purses on a regular basis, but where is that money going to come from? Sponsors aren't beating down the doors of our local racing establishments and begging them to take truck loads of cash off of their hands. Operating expenses aren't going down. Fan/Participant attendance isn't on the rise. Racing may be our hobby, but it's their business. These tracks have to make money to stay open. I applaud Bloomington Speedway for trying to help the little guys out with their new purse adjustments. Yes, they cut money off of the top...but it has been reallocated throughout the field. The total purse has not been lowered.
5 Likes: dirt330, fish, Kansasdirtfan, PJ Wright, racinrandy221
SPD 37 (Offline)
  #8 1/16/14 7:54 PM
If you want an increase in fans and race cars, provide a race track that is well prepared and conducive to 2-3 wide racing! Don't provide a track who's main prep is overwatering it!! Numerous times, last year, Bloomington Speedway was a single file, follow the leader race track. If you give the fans/racers a good finished product, there may an increase in cars and fans.

And race cars and race car parts costs are going up, too, so let's charge more money to get into the race track, how does that help?
3 Likes: Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, PIT CART
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #9 1/16/14 8:11 PM
Where is the new payout at? I went to facebook and their website and don't see it other than $1200 to win. Thanks.
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #10 1/16/14 9:33 PM
All of this is interesting at best.I don't know where to start..
i have been a proud supporter of Bloomington Speedway for a "couple" of years, planned my Friday Nights, with my Wifes permission
Raising gate prices, either front or back IMO is not the answer, what is the answer I don't know.
Someone mentioned a more structured purse, haven't seen it myself... but gate prices go up....
I'd almost bet that the concessions will jump also.No USAC race in May this year, how many years has there been one.... word I get is the "Track" didn't want one.
Hopefully the track prep is the same as it was when the new track prep indivdual took over last year.
Finally, yes I will still be there on Friday Nights.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"