IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dustbowl (Online)
  #21 4/12/15 2:27 PM
Well they probably "had" to do it, or risk losing the money Hoosier brought to the table, which I am sure is a substantial portion of the crown purses and/or point fund. In return hoosier is giving competitors 2 free rears. I also believe they agreed to sell the tires at basically the same price of an American Racer, but don't qoute me on that. So either run Hoosiers or don't race, that's the choice. I think most would rather race and have respectable purses than trying to squeeze a second race on a front tire. Most series have a 4 corner rule, it is nothing new. I don't know what people expect honestly. It's not like sponsors are jumping to throw money into a silver crown race or any race for that matter. They are going to take money from wherever they can, and if that means everyone has to run the same tire so be it. Everyone would complain if they cut purses in half so it's lose lose.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, interpreter66
fish (Offline)
  #22 4/12/15 4:49 PM
Thanks Coondog for coming on here with some of the facts. You have gained my respect over and over this winter (and spring), just simply by explaining your view on the way things really are.

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
2 Likes: interpreter66, ronmil
dirtcarfan (Offline)
  #23 4/13/15 10:53 AM
Well said Coondog! If you don't like it , go somewhere else. Every sport has rules and this is another one to follow.
groove grabber (Offline)
  #24 4/14/15 7:30 AM
Folks, theres always going to be something to be unhappy about. I personally know people on both sides and understand both arguments but it came to a conclusion and was settled by the rule makers, concessions were made, lets not carry this so far to create a major negative before the season starts, lets just go race, the cream will still rise, the best man will still win and everyone will do it with the same tire. Plenty of other choices an owner can make such as the important things we seem to forget like CHASSIS, MOTORS, SHOCKS,SETUP. LETS GO RACE!
6 Likes: fish, HardyBoysRacing, interpreter66, Jbaldwin, PJ Wright, Seadog
usac99 (Offline)
  #25 4/14/15 9:30 AM
Originally Posted by groove grabber:
Folks, theres always going to be something to be unhappy about. I personally know people on both sides and understand both arguments but it came to a conclusion and was settled by the rule makers, concessions were made, lets not carry this so far to create a major negative before the season starts, lets just go race, the cream will still rise, the best man will still win and everyone will do it with the same tire. Plenty of other choices an owner can make such as the important things we seem to forget like CHASSIS, MOTORS, SHOCKS,SETUP. LETS GO RACE!
I thought the car owners were the rule makers ? A simple sulution to this would be to give the car owners a 1 year notice to get rid of there inventory . And by the way, USAC made a hand shake ageement for American Racer to a 3 year program. Starting in 2014
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Kellen Conover, vitron, wbr
sp6967 (Offline)
  #26 4/14/15 8:25 PM
I am tired of this tire argument. Rule makers know what's best for us all. Just look around the country, if it wasn't for the rule makers this country wouldn't be in such great shape. So we need to remember that in the long run rule makers know best.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
2 Likes: 2fast4u, fish