IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Jennerstown Speedway
12/6/23, 3:57 PM   #21
Re: USAC Silver Crown Jennerstown Speedway
jdull99

10g just to the winner. Thats cool! I hope its a great race on a nice night and the show moves quickly.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy
12/6/23, 4:11 PM   #22
BrentTFunk

I don't care for support classes either. At a pavement track it can be a little different. They will probably only run features. Good chance it won't cause any delay at all.

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, mc/rider
12/7/23, 10:03 AM   #23
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankR63 View Post
My initial reaction to seeing Jennerstown on the scheduled was GREAT! Then I come on here and people are complaining and telling them "what they ought to do"
Complaining about anything to do with this event is PATHETIC.
So tied of all the complaining and blowviateing.
I made a trip to this really, really nice facility a few years ago to see the Whellen Modifieds. That track was the closest to me for that series.
The SC cars will be fantastic at this track and frankly any new venue is more than welcome in my book. The complainers in this group need to get a life.
In keeping up with the earlier post on this thread, what was the undercard, Frank, and how long was it between quals and the Whelen Modified feature?

12/7/23, 10:11 AM   #24
MDposse

Well, count me as someone that's stoked for this show. Checked Jennerstown out a few years ago when I was up that way in the offseason..it's a show palace in a beautiful area of the state/country. Flight 93 memorial is just down the road if you've never been. Also Xtreme midgets are at Path Valley the night before..another can't miss show. If there's any negative at all, this show is against Xtreme midgets at Lanco.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, jdull99, jonboat15, PIT CART
12/8/23, 10:52 AM   #25
BrentTFunk

I wonder how many of the people complaining will be at this race. Pack the stands, and tracks don't need support classes. I went to Madison last summer. They ran 2 support classes. It ran off so quick, they had to screw around a little bit to be dark enough for the fireworks.

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, jdull99
12/8/23, 11:05 AM   #26
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDposse View Post
Well, count me as someone that's stoked for this show. Checked Jennerstown out a few years ago when I was up that way in the offseason..it's a show palace in a beautiful area of the state/country. Flight 93 memorial is just down the road if you've never been. Also Xtreme midgets are at Path Valley the night before..another can't miss show. If there's any negative at all, this show is against Xtreme midgets at Lanco.
Thanks for that schedule info, I wasn't sure if midgets would be back at Path Valley, it's a great track run by great people. Hopefully they get a good fan turn out this time. I'll head to Jennerstown the next night weather permitting.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy
12/8/23, 9:16 PM   #27
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I wonder how many of the people complaining will be at this race.
Not complaining and won't be at the race, Brent my friend. Never in the crosshairs. This is a HUGE ask by USAC for anyone this way to go all the way to the Pittsburgh area to watch Silver Crown. This is marketed for the PA region, which is rich in dirt winged sprint cars. Besides, with Flo, this is a no brainer for us out this way.

I really understand why there are five classes of undercard here. That might prop up the gate money to pay the purse for this event. If not, between the distance from the hotbed of Silver Crown racing (Indiana) and sitting at home and watching on Flo, I think someone will more than likely take a bath here.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Jennerstown Speedway