IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week / Gas City ?
5/20/18, 2:17 PM   #41
Re: Sprint Week / Gas City ?
hoosier race fan

While we are on the subject: What is the ideal scheduling of sprintweek? The All Stars get a great turnout in Ohio racing 9 straight nights. Would that work with Indiana sprintweek? If it would be better, what tracks should be added? What is the best order of tracks for the schedule? I have my own opinion, but I’m interested in what others think.

5/20/18, 2:56 PM   #42
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
While we are on the subject: What is the ideal scheduling of sprintweek? The All Stars get a great turnout in Ohio racing 9 straight nights. Would that work with Indiana sprintweek? If it would be better, what tracks should be added? What is the best order of tracks for the schedule? I have my own opinion, but I’m interested in what others think.
That is a cool idea. But what other tracks would pick up race dates? Maybe go 19th to 28 including the 23rd and 24th. That would be 3 tracks to make it 9 days.
Current Dates
July 20 - TBA
July 21 - Kokomo Speedway
July 22 - Lawrenceburg Speedway
July 25 - Terre Haute Action Track
July 26 - Lincoln Park Speedway
July 27 - Bloomington Speedway
July 28 - Tri-State Speedway

Tracks With Out A Sprint Week Date.
Brownstown Speedway
Daugherty Speedway
Gas City I-69 Speedway
Montpelier Motor Speedway
Plymouth Speedway
Route 44 Speedway
Shadyhill speedway
Thunder Valley Raceway Park
Twin Cities Raceway Park
Last edited by nathans1012; 5/20/18 at 3:03 PM.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
5/20/18, 3:39 PM   #43
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I get what you saying and think it would be nice, but last year at Gas City was the smallest Sprintweek crowd I have seen since USAC came on board. I bet they lost $25,000 or more. If everyone supported the races they could pay more. I think ticket prices can't go up too much or we will start losing people. Tough situation

Why do prices go up if you have one thousand more fans than a regularly scheduled USAC show?

Not sure on the 10k-1k thing either but it could be $7500-$750 at least on the weekend shows.

USAC pays more on the Eastern Storm and some midwest swings Why not for the big week in Indiana?

4 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, nathans1012, superstock30
5/20/18, 4:42 PM   #44
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintFan8574 View Post
And yet here you are posting about it🙄
I posted don't book hotels for Gas City or make travel plans, it'll be somewhere else. If she had not said and asked what she did... an image would be on the thread that I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
It's always fun to tease it a little.. but like I said, I posted to not plan for Gas City.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
5/20/18, 4:52 PM   #45
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Why do prices go up if you have one thousand more fans than a regularly scheduled USAC show?

Not sure on the 10k-1k thing either but it could be $7500-$750 at least on the weekend shows.

USAC pays more on the Eastern Storm and some midwest swings Why not for the big week in Indiana?
Who raises the prices when they have more fans not sure what you mean? There is one $10,000 to win, $1000 to start race in Indiana and I don't remember ever seeing you there. Even with the tickets being cheap when spread across 4 nights. If fans and teams supported high paying shows and didn't go to low paying shows tracks would have to raise purses.
Since you seem more informed than I on tracks finances, How much money are tracks making that they could $7500-$750 to start and not effect the bottom line?

5/20/18, 5:18 PM   #46
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Who raises the prices when they have more fans not sure what you mean? There is one $10,000 to win, $1000 to start race in Indiana and I don't remember ever seeing you there. Even with the tickets being cheap when spread across 4 nights. If fans and teams supported high paying shows and didn't go to low paying shows tracks would have to raise purses.
Since you seem more informed than I on tracks finances, How much money are tracks making that they could $7500-$750 to start and not effect the bottom line?
All Im saying is that sprint week draws a much bigger crowd than the average USAC race. Meaning everyone paying $25 as I don't know many of the sprintweek shows that offer discounts, Therefore the tracks are making more.

If they can make a profit on a spring USAC show with the Standard 5k-500, Why are sprintweek shows paying the same?

You know Im at all the big shows I can make. Unfortunately my health isn't allowing tent camping and multiple nights in a hotel isn't in the budget, Didn't see your at Mansfield's Great Lakes. last year and don't remember seeing you at the No Way this year.

Of the seven nights of SPrint Week, I always make at least three, sometimes four.

I also know that some of the tracks, Sprintweek is a major player in the tracks survival, But a bigger payday for them should also help the racers get to the next race.

Also the PPV $$$ I don't see hurting the crowd size, yet I don't see it reflected in the purse. I don't know what Speedshift or others pay to stream it. I often buy a PPV for tracks just too difficult to get too be it distance or cost to go there. So the tracks still benefiting from me who normally wouldn't be there anyway. I don't know if it's a buck or ten bucks or more, It has to help. I did buy the PPV for Gas City last year. Im sure many did.

Just looking for ways for the track to get more cars and more cars equal more fans and keep them cars racing for a few $$$ more

5/20/18, 5:19 PM   #47
hoosier race fan

$5000 to win is ok. Maybe a slight increase in start pay would benefit the teams that aren’t necessarily a favorite to win, but who might be thrilled to make a sprintweek show. Or maybe since car counts are usually pretty good, they could run a non-qualifiers feature for cars that didn’t make the A-Main and offer a little more to the teams that run that race. That might help lure some of the weekly, lower budget teams to attempt more of the races, and since most sprint fans don’t have any desire to watch support classes, it would add another sprint race to the show and give more bang for your buck.

5/20/18, 5:56 PM   #48
BrentTFunk

Were you at Gas city last year. There couldn't have been more than 400 people there. Yes it was a raindate, but it had to be a huge loss. I was not at the no way out. I can't get out of work on a Friday and make Brownstown especially on a Friday. My point was that because you pay more money, it doesn't mean more cars or fans. See you Saturday. Will be in turn one if you want to come by for hot laps.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, midnightrider
5/20/18, 6:50 PM   #49
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I for one hope gas city doesn't lose it..it's my home track and that race track brings a lot of business into the hotels and food places, especially on the interstate. Last year's sprint week sucked. The racing was great but being a raindate, a Monday, and coming off a race at the burg really wasn't ideal for many. The crowds this year other than opening night haven't been the greatest but the effort Jerry is putting in is great. Sprint week is a big deal, and losing that race will hurt a little. Jmo of course.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jbaldwin, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, spicoli, tigerone
5/20/18, 11:00 PM   #50
ksmith

Quote:
Were you at Gas city last year. There couldn't have been more than 400 people there. Yes it was a raindate, but it had to be a huge loss. I was not at the no way out. I can't get out of work on a Friday and make Brownstown especially on a Friday. My point was that because you pay more money, it doesn't mean more cars or fans. See you Saturday. Will be in turn one if you want to come by for hot laps.
I am sure that the high chance of rain, and the rain that did come down did not help the crowd much.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week / Gas City ?