IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin This Year?
11/17/20, 2:59 PM   #1
DuQuoin This Year?
jim goerge

Maybe I missed it, but is there any indoor racing at DuQuoin like the Knepper 55 or The Shamrock in March. I always loved the Knepper race, kind ends the year in a fun way. I never cared for the dome race, I"m not interested in tin tops or mods plus not crazy bout paying pro prices for food and drink, if wanted to do that I"d go to a pro sports game.

3 members like this post: dirt330, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider
11/17/20, 4:09 PM   #2
Re: DuQuoin This Year?
RockinRy

Race Count This Year: 12

They never had the December DuQuoin race scheduled this year at anytime. I think Lauren just wanted to promote the March race.
The St. Louis Dome race just got cancelled last week. The only positive is they added a midget race in North Carolina at Millbridge Speedway the second week of December. It is not a USAC race so you'll have to pay 10 bucks on Speed51.com to watch it.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/17/20, 5:18 PM   #3
ISF

There was no Knepper 55 last December. Don't know the details other than the dome people scheduled the midget invitational directly against the traditional weekend date of the Knepper 55 and the Du Quoin event faded away.

We too, very much enjoyed and looked forward to making the trip down to Southern Illinois a weekend or two before Christmas for the indoor event at Du Quoin. Some great December racing took place in the Southern Illinois Center over the years. The one that really stands out was the late race battle between the late Bryan Clauson and Thomas Meseraull but they were all very good whether it was POWRi sanctioned or USAC sanctioned.

Very sad it's no longer a tradition.

11/18/20, 1:46 AM   #4
cornerthree

The dome is a **** show but they pay good. It's a shame the ruined the Knepper race. JMO

5 members like this post: ISF, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racegurl68, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin This Year?