IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > California small engine ban
10/13/21, 11:03 AM   #1
California small engine ban
SpfldMile

https://www.engadget.com/california-...161255175.html

This can’t be good for racing. Generators in the pits, or four wheelers to push cars. Any of our California friends care to chime in? I hope it’s not as bad as it sounds.

2 members like this post: jdull99, tirespinner
10/13/21, 11:21 AM   #2
TQ29m

Another case of the unknowing making decisions based on what someone else who doesn't know, has made the decision that it is needed, they have no clue how many "small engines " have been built and sold to people who need them to survive.

5 members like this post: Blitzman, jdull99, luckybuc97, RedRacer07, tirespinner
10/13/21, 12:30 PM   #3
Re: California small engine ban
chrismattlin

That should work out for them about as well as banning firearms has.

Will we soon see video evidence of Pelosi and her nephew Gavin Newsom flaunting their own rules here as well?

Meanwhile, in Antarctica, the winter of 2021 was the second-coldest on record, with the temperature for June, July, and August 3.4 degrees Celsius (6.1 degrees Fahrenheit) lower than the 1981 to 2010 average at -62.9 degrees Celsius (-81.2 degrees Fahrenheit).

Yep, "global warming" is upon us.

Austerity on your quality of life is incoming. "Equity" concerning "quality of life" is the agenda, and equity will not be achieved by raising the 3rd World up, but by bringing the 1st World down. You see, the middle classes of the 1st World are far too uppity for their upper-class masters' tastes and are now seen as a danger to be labeled as "terrorists". This is being played out at School Board meetings, of all places.

So, *THE* question is this: will you abide by these edicts to constrict yourself, censor yourself, limit yourself, condemn yourself, and bind yourself, or will you render these edicts null and void?

I suppose I'll add the image of a push lawn mower to my "Come And Take It" flag.
Last edited by chrismattlin; 10/13/21 at 12:32 PM.

8 members like this post: bighd0522, jdull99, kinser, PIT CART, skids59, superstock30, sw1911, TQ97
10/13/21, 12:52 PM   #4
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

I read article about the small engine ban too. Couldn’t find anywhere if those that are currently in use or owned will be grandfathered in? If so there’s going to be a rush to buy them. If not who’s gonna go out and buy a new gas mower or chain saw only to be a ******** in 2 years. I’d say that State has lost it’s mind, but I don’t think it’s ever had one.

10/13/21, 12:59 PM   #5
Eric Smith

It's unfortunate that 99% of Californians give the rest of them a bad name.

10/13/21, 6:49 PM   #6
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
That should work out for them about as well as banning firearms has.

Will we soon see video evidence of Pelosi and her nephew Gavin Newsom flaunting their own rules here as well?

Meanwhile, in Antarctica, the winter of 2021 was the second-coldest on record, with the temperature for June, July, and August 3.4 degrees Celsius (6.1 degrees Fahrenheit) lower than the 1981 to 2010 average at -62.9 degrees Celsius (-81.2 degrees Fahrenheit).

Yep, "global warming" is upon us.

Austerity on your quality of life is incoming. "Equity" concerning "quality of life" is the agenda, and equity will not be achieved by raising the 3rd World up, but by bringing the 1st World down. You see, the middle classes of the 1st World are far too uppity for their upper-class masters' tastes and are now seen as a danger to be labeled as "terrorists". This is being played out at School Board meetings, of all places.

So, *THE* question is this: will you abide by these edicts to constrict yourself, censor yourself, limit yourself, condemn yourself, and bind yourself, or will you render these edicts null and void?

I suppose I'll add the image of a push lawn mower to my "Come And Take It" flag.
You are welcome to your opinion, but it is possible to express oneself without falling into the abyss of political divisiveness.

4 members like this post: jonboat15, oldfan49, tirespinner, Tony74
10/13/21, 6:51 PM   #7
CRA91

It's because of crap like this and a whole lotta other reasons that i'm planing my escape from this over priced and over populated cesspool at this very moment. California used to be a nice place,but the people that are running it are starting to run it into the ground.

10/13/21, 7:41 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

This isn't political at all. But I could sure go there.

By that time there won't be a sane person left in California.
Most everyone I know from there has left with the few left wanting to leave.

Little known fact is that half them homeless are working class that still work and can no longer afford mortgages.

Darn shame too cause when I was a kid many moved there or wanted to go there.
Not today.

As for generators at the track, I suppose the tracks could wire electric outlets at a significant cost. But the tracks are disappearing too.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/13/21 at 7:47 PM.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, CRA91
10/13/21, 11:41 PM   #9
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Unfortunately too much of our stuff comes from China which enters through California. With all these restrictive laws/mandates, our supply line is in jeopardy. Also,Keep an eye on natural gas prices this winter and watch your heat bill skyrocket along with gasoline prices. I see nothing how Democrats are helping the middle class. So far all they’ve done is make my life more expensive while opening the border and embarrassing our country overseas.

10/14/21, 12:24 AM   #10
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
You are welcome to your opinion, but it is possible to express oneself without falling into the abyss of political divisiveness.
I love ya my fellow sprint car lover and I'm sorry if I offended you, but I'm also sorry that you believe that anything I said was political. It was not; all of those things I spoke about are not political, but instead affronts on our culture, and our traditions, and our way of life.

Yes, I singled out Pelosi and Newsom and I probably shouldn't have because any recent republican gubernatorial administration in California has been just as bad.

I say we move past boxing ourselves in to party factions and coalesce around what we have in common: love of liberty and the American way of life- the way of life that millions from all around the world aspire to emigrate to.

3 members like this post: jdull99, Midget98, skids59
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > California small engine ban