Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking for a drive
10/19/21, 6:07 PM   #1
Looking for a drive
HoosierRaceFan

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 3

Hello!

I’m a big fan of dirt track racing, mostly sprints, midgets and micros. I’m looking to run one but can’t afford it. I’ve been told I’m too old for a Micro, not sure if that’s true but I wanted to post on here and see if anyone would be willing to give me a shot in something or maybe can let me rent a ride? I don’t have any experience off the street but I know I’ve got the will to learn and become something great. This may be a long shot but ya never know! Send me a PM if you’ve got a good lead or maybe have some ideas!

Thanks!

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, tirespinner, TNRustler
10/20/21, 12:19 AM   #2
staggerman

Micros have all ages running them and if you haven’t raced anything before that would be a good place to start. Lots of turn key operations are for sale right now in micros. Not sure your age but both US 24 and Circus City have a Senior Class for those over 40 I believe.

3 members like this post: 95KART, HoosierRaceFan, jdull99
10/20/21, 2:11 PM   #3
HoosierRaceFan

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 3

Thanks for the information! I’ll start looking into that. I’m almost 29 so I’m going to try and follow a dream of mine!

2 members like this post: Bostonian, jonboat15
10/20/21, 3:17 PM   #4
motorhead748

It all depends on how bad you want it…Do you have a new car? Boat? Motorcycles? Wife? Girlfriend? …. Get rid of all of it and you might could afford to race… granted it’s been many years ago but if I told you my wages and that I ran 410 winged sprint car & was able to win some you’d call me a liar. I know it’s more expensive and would be harder today but it’d be possible

2 members like this post: HoosierRaceFan, mc/rider
10/20/21, 3:31 PM   #5
TQ29m

And the damage deposit is always in cash.

2 members like this post: HoosierRaceFan, oppweld
10/20/21, 5:21 PM   #6
Re: Looking for a drive
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierRaceFan View Post
Thanks for the information! I’ll start looking into that. I’m almost 29 so I’m going to try and follow a dream of mine!
Follow that dream. You are not very old. As a teen I raced motorcycles and go carts. I finally wanted to race again at the age of 35, bought a 600 micro and had two fun years. Unfortunately the track I raced at didn't tech any cars and the stock engine rule went out the door. Then I met a woman (and it wasn't even the right one) then the racing was over. I enjoyed everything about racing but it takes a lot of time and effort. Don't end up regretting, life is way too short. Good luck!

10/21/21, 8:40 PM   #7
cowboyhar69

Go for it! I didn’t race anything until I was 31. Traded a 500 cc Suzuki motorcycle ( I bought for $500 from a guy who was ready to lose it back to the bank) for a go cart ( Margay and a 100cc Yamaha motor) and 4 spare rims and tires. Raced for 5 years, moved up after 2 years to a new Margay and a 100cc Atlas motor. Was a bunch of fun, spent more than I could afford but learned a lot especially how hard it is to be a good race driver. Looks easy sitting in the bleachers. Sold everything after 5 years but no regrets at all.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking for a drive