IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any New Racing Games Coming Out
11/6/08, 9:23 AM   #11
Re: Any New Racing Games Coming Out
Racer12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal66 View Post
What Ratbag game are you talking about that has the square thing above the car? If your talking about Dirt Track Racing 2 then that is called (car tag) which lets other players online see the player name when your racing.And yes i dont like that either,but you can turn that off in the game settings.Otherwise i dont know of anything else it could be.I have raced this game online for several years and have made several addons for it.(Chassis, and tracks.)
I think he is refering to the crutches (or wings) on the cars. Speaking of them it sure is hard to keep the front whels on the ground after they come off! I think I am going to get rfactor, real racing costs to much $$$.

Bob Shutt

11/6/08, 9:24 AM   #12
AJMartin

I think he is talking about the wings. Definatly need a non wing game.

11/6/08, 3:26 PM   #13
Racer9

So Rfactor has sprintcars along with the Late models, Wing or Non WIng?

11/6/08, 3:33 PM   #14
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer9 View Post
So Rfactor has sprintcars along with the Late models, Wing or Non WIng?
rfactor itself does not sprints or late models.....you gotta download DIRT FACTOR...

11/6/08, 4:03 PM   #15
Metal66

To get dirt factor or any of the mods you have to purchase rfactor online.Then after you get it you can download all the mods like dirt factor,sprint cars wings or non wings,modifieds,street stocks, ect. for free.There are tons of mods for it and they are really neat and this is the most realistic game out..But if you plan on buying rfactor make sure your computer has enough space and you have a good video card.
This is the system requirements:

1.4 GHz processor
Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition)
512 MB RAM
Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200
128 MB video RAM
DirectX 9.0c
2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation
Internet connection required for one-time activation

11/6/08, 4:52 PM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Dirt Track racing 2. I think i bought a dozen copies and you can still find it around in race packs that include saturday night speedway.
There are several sprint cars you can add to the game in free download from numerous websites. This is what DAK simulators use but you can setup your car, stagger, air pressure ect and there are also setup packages out there for it.

Of course theres about every car and skin ever made for LM's

You can get everything including the whole game here for download but have a spare hardrive ready, ALL the tracks and stuff take up a lot of space.
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/DTR2/downloads

There are several unique home made track as most existing speedways.

Chuck

11/6/08, 5:49 PM   #17
speidel21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Dirt Track racing 2. I think i bought a dozen copies and you can still find it around in race packs that include saturday night speedway.
There are several sprint cars you can add to the game in free download from numerous websites. This is what DAK simulators use but you can setup your car, stagger, air pressure ect and there are also setup packages out there for it.

Of course theres about every car and skin ever made for LM's

You can get everything including the whole game here for download but have a spare hardrive ready, ALL the tracks and stuff take up a lot of space.
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/DTR2/downloads

There are several unique home made track as most existing speedways.

Chuck
DAK simulators dont use that

11/6/08, 5:53 PM   #18
speidel21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal66 View Post
To get dirt factor or any of the mods you have to purchase rfactor online.Then after you get it you can download all the mods like dirt factor,sprint cars wings or non wings,modifieds,street stocks, ect. for free.There are tons of mods for it and they are really neat and this is the most realistic game out..But if you plan on buying rfactor make sure your computer has enough space and you have a good video card.
This is the system requirements:

1.4 GHz processor
Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition)
512 MB RAM
Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200
128 MB video RAM
DirectX 9.0c
2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation
Internet connection required for one-time activation
What is geforce4 4200 or radeon9200 mean? and can you use steering wheel like was used on Nascar racing and dtr2? i had actually forgot about rfactor but might give it a try. is the non-wing very realistic like a real non-wing reacts?

11/6/08, 5:58 PM   #19
speidel21

chuck, have you ran the Chili Bowl track on there yet? its pretty cool and my fav.

11/6/08, 11:08 PM   #20
Shawn

Nick,

Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200 are graphics cards. Also, you can use a wheel, just like other games.

World Of Outlaws is the best game for the PS2. Saturday Night Speedway isn't totally terrible, but doesn't compete with WoO. Road To Knoxville and Showdown at Eldora are just dreadful.

Dirt Track Racing: Sprint Cars is pretty good for the PC, along with Dirt Track Racing 2. Saturday Night Speedway is decent, but a bit behind the others. rFactor is a good purchase. Especially for the Dirt Factor and all the mods for it. I know they have sprints, midgets and were working on a TQ Midget. Good stuff!

My next racing game will be ARCA Sim Racing. I know it's not dirt, but I've been waiting to get it for awhile. Now that I have a new PC, I'm ready to snag a copy!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any New Racing Games Coming Out