IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any New Racing Games Coming Out
11/2/08, 1:09 AM   #1
Any New Racing Games Coming Out
miledirt

Hasn't it been a long time since a dirt racing game came out?

Or how about a new IRL game? The last one was '03 I think

11/2/08, 9:00 AM   #2
Re: Any New Racing Games Coming Out
Fisher79

"Sprint Cars 2: Showdown at Eldora" came out earlier this spring for PS2, not sure about Xbox or PS3. It's a pretty cool game because you can run non-wing sprints and a bunch of other stuff like dune buggies, but the graphics are virtually the same as "Road to Knoxville." The Ratbag games like the original Outlaw game and "Saturday Night Speedway" are far superior, in my opinion.

It was good to finally get a non-wing game, though. It's the first I know of (aside from PC games) since Sega Genesis' old "Mario Andretti Racing."

11/3/08, 9:38 AM   #3
Metal66

Only game for the pc thats out is what theey call "Dirt Factor"..But you have to have rfactor(which is the actuall game) to d/l it.Its the most realistic out there for lates and sprints.Oh rfactor is only available to buy online.http://www.rfactor.net/ here is a video of the late model mod for it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPV0tGPkZfE

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
11/3/08, 1:30 PM   #4
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
"Sprint Cars 2: Showdown at Eldora" came out earlier this spring for PS2, not sure about Xbox or PS3. It's a pretty cool game because you can run non-wing sprints and a bunch of other stuff like dune buggies, but the graphics are virtually the same as "Road to Knoxville." The Ratbag games like the original Outlaw game and "Saturday Night Speedway" are far superior, in my opinion.

It was good to finally get a non-wing game, though. It's the first I know of (aside from PC games) since Sega Genesis' old "Mario Andretti Racing."
GOTTA LOVE THE TRACTOR PULLS AND POLICE CAR ON DIRT:thumbsdown::thumbsdown: ALREADY SOLD MY COPY

11/3/08, 11:54 PM   #5
dirtracer_44k

How do you buy Dirt Factor

11/4/08, 12:21 AM   #6
Bruce Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer_44k View Post
Here's your first stop:

http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=unlocksystem

11/5/08, 9:45 AM   #7
Wallsracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer_44k View Post
you gotta buy Rfactor 1st them download all the add ons etc....freaking awesome

11/5/08, 9:46 AM   #8
Wallsracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Harrison View Post
thanks couldnt find that page

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
11/6/08, 1:37 AM   #9
Midget82

I think if USAC wants to bring their club to the "new age" and gain a younger fan base, a new PS3 or 360 game could be a good way, as long as it's more realistic than "Road to Knoxville" or "Showdown at Eldora". Those two are crap.

WoO Sprintcars 2002 for the Ps2 blows the other two out of the water, and Ratbag was on the right path IMO... the only glitch I've had in that game was what appeared to be some kind of square/rectangular things that hover above and on the nose of the cars... :confused:

And no matter how many times I check the disc or reset the game they keep re-appearing. The only way I've got them to go away is when I bit the outside wall and tumbled down the track :O:

11/6/08, 9:08 AM   #10
Metal66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget82 View Post
I think if USAC wants to bring their club to the "new age" and gain a younger fan base, a new PS3 or 360 game could be a good way, as long as it's more realistic than "Road to Knoxville" or "Showdown at Eldora". Those two are crap.

WoO Sprintcars 2002 for the Ps2 blows the other two out of the water, and Ratbag was on the right path IMO... the only glitch I've had in that game was what appeared to be some kind of square/rectangular things that hover above and on the nose of the cars... :confused:

And no matter how many times I check the disc or reset the game they keep re-appearing. The only way I've got them to go away is when I bit the outside wall and tumbled down the track :O:
What Ratbag game are you talking about that has the square thing above the car? If your talking about Dirt Track Racing 2 then that is called (car tag) which lets other players online see the player name when your racing.And yes i dont like that either,but you can turn that off in the game settings.Otherwise i dont know of anything else it could be.I have raced this game online for several years and have made several addons for it.(Chassis, and tracks.)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any New Racing Games Coming Out