IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park - High Limit Racing - 35 Sprints signed in.
8/17/22, 10:42 AM   #31
Re: Lincoln Park - High Limit Racing - 35 Sprints signed in.
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
Indiana Sprintweek cost $25 to get in and pays $6k to win and roughly $25k purse, last night was $40 to get in ($35 if you bought online ahead of the show) and paid $22k to win, $11k for second and on down for a $80k purse. I have listened to people on IOW bash the tracks don't pay the racers enough and here is a series that is stepping up to pay big money for mid-week shows that don't run against anyone. I thought the racing was great, I am sprint car fan, don't have to classify winged or nonwinged, I like them both. I would love to see this an annual event as LPS puts on some good winged racing. Why can't people just be happy they got to spend a night at the track.
Also worthwhile to note that our beloved [nonwing] racers can get into the better paying show for a relatively low conversion cost.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
8/17/22, 10:45 AM   #32
dsc1600

Justin Sanders literally won $10k on Saturday for finishing 21st at Knoxville. I get that he was trying to be appreciative but that comment was silly.

The issue with paying a $80k purse is that you need to charge $40 to get in, and if you charge $40 to get in, you need to have a $40 product, which means you need some of the current WoO drivers plus Rico, Gio, Brown, Macri etc….

It was a good start and I’m hopeful of the outcome, excited for 2023.

8/17/22, 11:11 AM   #33
on_the_edge

Not sure why anyone would be complaining about this race. It was a Tuesday night in Indiana and we had some heavy hitters in the wing world show up for a race that paid more than any dirt race in Indiana. I thought the racing was great, a lot of side by side battles and the Winner came from row 5. The ones complaining obviously just want something to whine about. The race was ran very efficiently and got everyone out of there at a decent time. For a side note The usac guys who raced would have to run 3rd in a usac race just to make what it paid to start this race and I believe all the usac regular guys made the show so it was a good way for those guys to make some extra money on a Tuesday night. Social media will be the death of this sport you all claim to love but bash as soon as someone tries to make an improvement. If you can’t afford the $40,I understand, and you had the choice to watch on flo, which if I broke down the cost of my subscription I probably pay about $1 a race to watch on there. I go to the track every weekend but I also will have flo on watching a race from somewhere else typically. Quit bashing and embrace a new venture they are trying to get started that runs mid week and pays a very hefty amount of money. Also heard running 7th in b-main paid $825 so even the ones not making the feature got paid well. Put your keyboards away unless you have some positive input and let’s support those who are trying to improve the sport.

8/17/22, 11:20 AM   #34
Aurora78

Sprint week was $30. All USAC shows are $30.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cmiracingvids, dkdorkboy, Jonr, PIT CART
8/17/22, 12:54 PM   #35
interpreter66

All this wing talk on here ,you all are going to be banned !
Last edited by interpreter66; 8/17/22 at 12:55 PM.

8/17/22, 1:08 PM   #36
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
All this wing talk on here ,you all are going to be banned !
Let's hope not,if it was taxicabs,full
bodied cars that would be different. LOL

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

8/17/22, 1:19 PM   #37
The55

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure some thought it was cool to see 4 NASCAR regulars, including one of the best racers on the planet in Larson, and a couple of WOO guys all racing against USAC’s best. Seems like an interesting night at the track. Oh, and on a week night when there wasn’t any other racing.

8/17/22, 1:40 PM   #38
BrentTFunk

Disclaimer, I am more of a non wing fan. This race started on time. Paid good enough money to justify the admission cost. Was an efficiently run show, that ended at a decent time on a Tuesday. The winner came from row 5. The track prep was really good. Racers made decent money. Trying to figure out what is wrong? The only problem I had was not inverting 6 in the heats. No or a low inversion is commonplace in wing racing. (some seem intent on bringing it to non-wing) I say good job to all involved.

8/17/22, 1:52 PM   #39
Offroadrace_814

They definitely will have some growing pains. But, overall I thought it was good.

Sprint Car Racing during the week....Decent Payout....Decent Racing

In society, individuals will find something to complain about. Including this post.

8/17/22, 4:07 PM   #40
flagboy55

On the edge I think posted something like social media will kill the sport. We’ll I’ve read a bunch and I still do what I want. Someone complaining isn’t gonna change my mind on what I’m doing. I’ll be the judge of what works for me.
Outside of that I concur with the rest of the folks who thought it was good. No complaints. In fact I think this series could promote more crossover between the genre’s. If it doesn’t interfere with a series, why not give it a try if it’s convenient enough. I do however wish we could inspire more wingers to go wingless, but I guess that’s a topic for another thread

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Offroadrace_814
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park - High Limit Racing - 35 Sprints signed in.