IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tmez
12/17/18, 12:29 PM   #11
Re: Tmez
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan View Post
I was a little surprised by what he said, but I think he realized his comment might be offensive, so he did clarify somewhat when he added "that's just something we say." So my guess is that it's a comment that might be uttered among "the boys" after a win. I don't believe he meant to disparage the track or the facility in any way. And he did put on a heck of a show.
You're probably right, Bob. It may well have been an inside driver/race team colloquialism that is used among themselves. I don't think the statement was offensive to too many people. For sure not to anyone we know.

If he was referring to Southern Illinois I would only say that I've been to all but 2 of the lower 48 contiguous states and there are a lot worse places than Southern Illinois. Hell, there are a lot worse places in Illinois, everything north of I-80 immediately comes to mind! LOL!

12/17/18, 1:17 PM   #12
copper14

who cares what he said.we go to the races to watch common men do uncommon things.that applies to everybody who straps in.if he said that in the pits after finishing 3rd nobody would say a thing.be glad we have all these guys who excite and intertain us.racing is the greatest show on earth.merry Christmas everybody.cg

12/17/18, 2:32 PM   #13
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Tmez for president!!!

6 members like this post: dwhitney1169, hilly, koolaid89, oppweld, superstock30, tmac39
12/17/18, 2:47 PM   #14
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper14 View Post
who cares what he said.we go to the races to watch common men do uncommon things.that applies to everybody who straps in.if he said that in the pits after finishing 3rd nobody would say a thing.be glad we have all these guys who excite and intertain us.racing is the greatest show on earth.merry Christmas everybody.cg
In all fairness to the hard working people of Du Quoin who toil behind the scenes to make this the great event it's evolved into well before and after the racers and teams have come and gone, it's a safe bet they probably care, wouldn't you say? In spite of being 4 1/2 hours away we've made many a racing trip to Du Quoin during the past 25 years we've become well acquainted with several folks who live in the area that donate a lot of their time and energy to the events that take place at the fairgrounds including the indoor racing. Those folks justifiably take great pride in their facility, their fairgrounds, their community and their area of the country and probably would take some exception to having their work, facility and/or geographic location being specifically characterized as a ****hole. But as has been said, that probably isn't how Thomas meant the remark and we all should give him the benefit of the doubt.

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, erich45, trannyman
12/17/18, 2:56 PM   #15
crow01

At the dome race Daum referred to that place as a sh*t hole as well during an interview. Wouldn't read too much into it

4 members like this post: dkdorkboy, jim goerge, koolaid89, oppweld
12/17/18, 4:31 PM   #16
interpreter66

[QUOTE=ISF;506491]You're probably right, Bob. It may well have been an inside driver/race team colloquialism that is used among themselves. I don't think the statement was offensive to too many people. For sure not to anyone we know.

Totally agree!
We call our car a s**tbox all the time,when running good or bad!
Relax let’s concentrate on the good while everybody else looks for the bad.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan
12/17/18, 5:13 PM   #17
Rpracing1

Look for USAC to start implementing a victory lane interview, 5 second delay microphone box, so that they can start filtering out interviews to appease the masses. Some interviews will just sound like ...........beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

12/17/18, 6:13 PM   #18
Sprintcarfanatic

Well then what better than to run a Sh56box at a Sh56hole, Yes

2 members like this post: interpreter66, jim goerge
12/17/18, 6:17 PM   #19
flagboy55

I’ll be looking for an “action detrimental” reprimand soon.

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, Kydehart, racenut69, tmac39
12/17/18, 9:48 PM   #20
jim goerge

Looks like another witch hunt brewing

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tmez