IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #71 12/30/22 12:18 AM
Not saying which track but they used to pay no mind to people on the back straight . Until Excise showed up. What they were nailing is out of state liquor and brands they don't sell there. Not sure what the law was or which they were breaking. I don't know what the law is, But if it's posted. obey it. I wish I could carry my own fifth into a bar. Be a hell of a lot cheaper that way and that isn't even posted. They'll just throw you out.

As far as Terre Haute, I hope they race and I take a cooler. Because I drink five or six pops and or waters during a racing event. Being dissabled means I come down after heats, do my buisness and back to the stands. Not standing in line four times and paying twenty bucks It does offset some of the 320+ mile round trip cost.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: addictedtodirt, flagboy55, oppweld
The55 (Offline)
  #72 12/30/22 1:52 AM
For what it is worth, it is pretty clearly stated (in the section previously cited) that it is not against the law for a person to bring alcohol into a track that is used primarily for auto racing even if the track sells alcohol. Nothing at all in this section about it being illegal for the facility to allow alcohol to be carried in.
2 Likes: flagboy55, NoDramazone2020
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #73 12/30/22 9:18 AM

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
7 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, Pitdad, racenut69, wildman92
captrat (Offline)
  #74 12/31/22 1:36 AM
There is a huge difference between lying and having differing thoughts on the same issue. Choosing appropriate words usually leads to better dialogue.
3 Likes: Bill Angel, Offroadrace_814, oppweld
2140rc (Offline)
  #75 12/31/22 12:02 PM
To get this thread back on track here's latest on THAT from today's Terre Haute Tribune-Star.

https://www.tribstar.com/sports/joe-...1286af06f.html
10 Likes: bighd0522, cowboyhar69, Ilovedirttrackracing, openwheelfan1, oppweld, Rapid Rick, Sprints fan 11, tirespinner, TNRustler, WinglessLovers
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #76 12/31/22 12:24 PM
I’d feel better if the article was the announcement of a new promotion team for THAT, but at least the news is promising!
4 Likes: flagboy55, Offroadrace_814, oppweld, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #77 12/31/22 3:15 PM
I always wondered how it would work if the track hired someone like Knoxville, and did the reinvesting themselves. It seems to have worked out good there.
6 Likes: cowboyhar69, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner
Sprints fan 11 (Offline)
  #78 12/31/22 6:00 PM
You could do wangs once a month there. Dont get me wrong I am a non wings guy but cant beat wangs at THAT. Could pay 10,000 to win. I hope the can bring the all stars in this year. I like All Stars better. WOO is just too big (too big of crowds). Hasnt been the same since the king left.
4 Likes: DaveP63, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99
brown11b (Offline)
  #79 12/31/22 9:16 PM
Originally Posted by Sprints fan 11:
You could do wangs once a month there. Dont get me wrong I am a non wings guy but cant beat wangs at THAT. Could pay 10,000 to win. I hope the can bring the all stars in this year. I like All Stars better. WOO is just too big (too big of crowds). Hasnt been the same since the king left.
The schedules for Allstars and WoO are both set for 2023. No way the Allstars will be at THAT in 2023. WoO were on the 2021 THAT schedule but got rained out early in the season. I believe it was for a May date.
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, tirespinner
DJlives (Offline)
  #80 12/31/22 9:55 PM
Knoxville is just like Terre Haute. It has a Fairboard which hires a GM
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner