IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indycars were at IMS yesterday and nobody noticed
8/15/23, 4:32 AM   #21
Re: Indycars were at IMS yesterday and nobody noticed
jdull99

Cup cars tire test on the oval today

& I also heard the Milwaukee Mile rumor for the Indycar race (replacing this one). But I still like the tie-in with the NASCAR weekend...(I'd think the Indycar schedule could fit in the Milwaukee race still...)

I don't know; I'd be fine with Cup on the road coarse Saturday AND Sunday...that would be kinda neat...(same place, two different "tracks" in one weekend...)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: 767, BrentTFunk
8/15/23, 1:22 PM   #22
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
It is definitely a stretch to say that about the school where I work. We have an automotive program that has students from 5 different schools. The teacher is excellent and some students in the program have raced during and after high school. Not all of the students are interested in competitive motorsports, but the ones that are tend to like what they are familiar with. Newer, smaller cars with 4 cylinder engines and lots of imports. Compacts, drifting, and some drag racing. Fuel sources and fuel consumption are things they learn about, but it’s definitely not a fear or hatred of fuel powered cars. The program takes students to UNOH every year and they have a variety of programs including dirt and pavement oval racing. Every generation tends to be critical of the generations behind them, but not all is lost with young people today. I’ve worked in 5 different schools, and I’ve connected with students who are race fans at every single one of them. Far too many people preaching doom and gloom because it fits their narrative. The interest in cars and motor sports is still there, it just looks different than how it was for many of us in the past.
As a 30 year veteran of teaching and administering in public education thank you for mirroring my thoughts.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indycars were at IMS yesterday and nobody noticed