IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather
12/7/09, 7:31 PM   #1
Weather
Tim Watson

I believe it was Jerry Spencer who started a topic like this last winter and i thought it would be fun to do it again this year. It also gives me an excuse to complain about our winters here in the frozen tundra. I just got done cleaning up 3 and a half inches of snow at the Watson ranch. Sounds like we are in for a bad one Tuesday night into Wednesday, anywhere from 8-13" are possible so it's time to batten down the hatches cause old man winter has surfaced.

12/7/09, 7:36 PM   #2
Re: Weather
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Hell Tim we had snow on the ground in Sacamento ca. this morning . 1st time since the 70s. We should have stayed back in Indiana. Im ready for spring .

12/7/09, 7:45 PM   #3
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I believe it was Jerry Spencer who started a topic like this last winter and i thought it would be fun to do it again this year. It also gives me an excuse to complain about our winters here in the frozen tundra. I just got done cleaning up 3 and a half inches of snow at the Watson ranch. Sounds like we are in for a bad one Tuesday night into Wednesday, anywhere from 8-13" are possible so it's time to batten down the hatches cause old man winter has surfaced.
Drive down to Milwaukee...no snow yet!

12/7/09, 8:17 PM   #4
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Hell Tim we had snow on the ground in Sacamento ca. this morning . 1st time since the 70s. We should have stayed back in Indiana. Im ready for spring .
I remember that snow back then. I lived up in the foothills, though. We got just a little more (not much-Shingle Springs) than Sacramento, though. About once or twice a year the snow would crawl down to the 1,500 foot elevation.

We just had snow here in the Houston area on Friday. Unfortunately it caused the last two days of our big three day USMTS modified show to cancel. My back yard on the 4th of December:

Last edited by cmakin; 12/7/09 at 8:19 PM.

12/7/09, 8:23 PM   #5
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Global warming
Posted via Mobile Device

12/7/09, 8:33 PM   #6
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
Global warming
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't kid yourself. I read this past weekend where some climate apologist stated that the cold weather was due to global warming. . . .

12/7/09, 9:03 PM   #7
Danny Burton

Carey that looked like my yard this morning. But it's melted.....for now. We have rain and high winds in our future.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

12/7/09, 10:14 PM   #8
RichH

I'm scheduled into Milwaukee tomorrow AM on business! Thnhe show must go on.

12/7/09, 10:31 PM   #9
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Currently watching the Packers & Ravens from Lambeau Field and it looks rather balmy. No snow according to Mike Trico.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

12/7/09, 10:50 PM   #10
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

uh...around 80 this afternoon here in west central Florida. Its nearly 10PM and we have the air on in the MH. Hope it's like this the first week in Feb....wishful thinking

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather