IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking for no longer raceable sprint car for training
6/19/13, 8:37 PM   #1
Looking for no longer raceable sprint car for training
19racer

In light of the recent accidents in sprint car racing
I am looking for anyone who may have an old sprint car thats not raceable but is as complete as possible for training purposes only. Would like to be a roller, but dont care if the parts are junk or bent. The training will be like safely uprighting a car with driver still in it or removing a driver as quick and safe as possible in worst case scenario. Also trying to come up with some sort of plugging devices to plug fuel lines or the tank should they seperate from the car or break or have a small puncture. The training would involve the track owners, officials, emts, and fire crews. This is in effort to make it as safe as we can for everyone involved with the limited resources that are available.
Safety is my number 1 goal at any racetrack I work at. it could possibly involve a few local drivers that may be off from racing on a training date to be strapped in the car. The more real that we can make it, the better prepaired we all can be, and most important thing is the drivers feel safe when they roll out onto the track, and hopefully wont ever need to use it, but should it happen we will be more prepaired and no 2 accidents are ever the same. My goal would be to have at least 2 a year one before season starts and one in the middle and anytime in between should we need to do so
any ideas or thoughts from drivers??? If you dont want to post it on here please feel free to send a private message and i will get back to you. Thanks Jim

6/19/13, 8:46 PM   #2
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Stida.com

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: jim goerge, monkeyboy
6/19/13, 9:26 PM   #3
Re: Looking for no longer raceable sprint car for training
weirracing

KD Tools Hose Pinch-Off Pliers - 3791 they have different sizes too
SKU: KDT-3791 these would work good to pinch off fuel lines when I seen them take a tail tank off the track Sunday night I thought it would of been nice if they had something to close off the line so someone didn't have to ride in the back of the mule holding the line up so fuel didn't run out
Attached Images
KD%20Tools%203791%20Pliers.jpg (37.3 KB, 68 views)
Last edited by weirracing; 6/19/13 at 9:43 PM. Reason: added photo

1 member likes this post: OTSNWR
6/19/13, 9:50 PM   #4
19racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirracing View Post
KD Tools Hose Pinch-Off Pliers - 3791 they have different sizes too
SKU: KDT-3791 these would work good to pinch off fuel lines when I seen them take a tail tank off the track Sunday night I thought it would of been nice if they had something to close off the line so someone didn't have to ride in the back of the mule holding the line up so fuel didn't run out
Where are they located at and I will check into it. Thx

Posted via Mobile Device

6/19/13, 9:58 PM   #5
weirracing

napa sells kd tools or they will have a different brand like them or just about any auto parts store will have some

6/19/13, 10:00 PM   #6
19racer

Ok thanks I'll check into it after work tomorrow.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: weirracing
6/19/13, 11:05 PM   #7
JoshCunningham

The Bloomington Speedway should have a complete roller for fan viewing by the sprint week show. I would speak with Kris Kircher, their GM, and see if they would like to play a part in this. If you need an extra seat, or anything else, let me know.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: scott bradley1x
6/19/13, 11:06 PM   #8
Bad Dad 54

I have a pair of vice grip's w/ some bar stock welded onto them. I've used that for clamping off fuel lines - cheap too. Try to keep'em in my push truck

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
6/19/13, 11:08 PM   #9
Bad Dad 54

Nick Landon has a frame that's bent up he comes to IN every so often. If I find one who do I call?

6/19/13, 11:19 PM   #10
19racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCunningham View Post
The Bloomington Speedway should have a complete roller for fan viewing by the sprint week show. I would speak with Kris Kircher, their GM, and see if they would like to play a part in this. If you need an extra seat, or anything else, let me know.

Posted via Mobile Device
Ok I'll try call down there tomorrow after work. Thanks

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking for no longer raceable sprint car for training