IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Something different????
10/10/07, 6:14 PM   #21
Re: Something different????
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint Fan View Post
Danny, in my experience most tracks did draw for qualifying order and a lot of guys tried to cheat on the pill draw, so some tracks started fliping a coin to see if the qualifying would be inverted from the draw. That kept every as honest as you can keep racers. LOL

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but see if I'm close.
I have seen some tracks improve as qualifying progressed and of course I have seen some,
if you went out early you got the best part of the track as it was going away fast.

But to me this is some of the most fun to watch as a driver or spectator, who's found the best line, who adjusted their car right, who missed mark it completely.

I just enjoy the sights, stratagey and sounds of qualifying!
I miss it lots wherever they don't do it!

Aparently your one of the few, Most shows I goto now days, The fans don't show up till 730-8 and even places like Kokomo that do qualify have a hundred fans out in the lot drinking their beer or what not do to no cooler policies. They should be inside doing that with a Pork Chop sandwich in the other hand.

Chuck who went to about seven shows that had qualifying this year and only one stood out. The first USAC race at the Burg,

10/10/07, 7:04 PM   #22
Sprint Fan

:action-smiley-049: :action-smiley-049:

Sad, just sad to see how racing and attitudes have changed over the years!

10/10/07, 7:48 PM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint Fan View Post
:action-smiley-049: :action-smiley-049:

Sad, just sad to see how racing and attitudes have changed over the years!
Im not all against it, Im just not for it.
Go back to putting the fast qualifiers on the tail like the 60s 70s and I'll be first in the stand for it.

Your coming from a racers view, I as a fan and it's one of those whats best for the racers isn't always best for the show deals. Fans want to see passing. With patience, The top guys are gonna run up front anyway. The best part of saturdays show to me wasn't Swindell/Ballou it was Shuman and Coons coming through the field

Chuck

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Something different????