IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A little story
10/9/07, 9:49 AM   #1
A little story
riskybrisky5

First off I would like to apoligize for all of the negative things the past couple of days. I truly just want to see non wing sprint car racing grow. That being said I just had to share this story with you because it really touched my heart Sunday.

Our church was celebrating their 50 year anniversary Sunday. I was determined to go even though I got in at 4 a.m. Sunday morning. I am so glad that I did. We had a great service well worth it. That day we had past pastors there to speak and many elders of the church returned to celebrate the event. First let me start with the funny part one of the old pastors from the late 70s started his speech by saying i recognize alot of people but I really noticed Kevin Briscoe because when he was younger he was the Dennis Menice of the church lol. So you know that I have had a mean streak since I was young it just didnt happen. So my posts I guess came natural lol. The part that touched my heart though was when my old Sunday school teacher came up to me and told me a story, she is close to 80 years old now. She said every Sunday morning in class she would ask each kid what they were thankfull for. She said every Sunday I would thank God for Sprint Cars. When she said that it hit me like a ton of bricks. God has blessed me with what I thanked him for when I was a kid. I have had a career I could have only dreamed of winning one race I would have been happy with when I started. But I have had numerous wins and championships. He also has kept me safe from the begining of my career. There have been many races I do not know how the car kept from going over but it didnt and it was because he was there. I have not been an angel my whole life but he has still loved me and took care of me throughout. So remember this God is listening when you pray or thanking him and he will take care of you. It might not be what you want at the time but he knows exactly what you need. So to all that are facing problems put them in Gods hands and everything will be alright. To Kevin and Lauren keep praying as we all are for Drake and everything is going to be alright.

Some people are going to say that this is not an appropriate post for this site. I say to you I am praying for you.

10/9/07, 10:01 AM   #2
Re: A little story
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Kevin,

Though I don't know you, I have seen you race many times. I am sure that it was tough getting up on Sunday morning to make the service. You were rewarded with a memory that will last a long time. Thank you very much for sharing this story with us. If someone finds this post inappropriate, that is their problem.

10/9/07, 10:01 AM   #3
midgy

That was very inspirational. You have made me take another look at things in my life today. Thanks.

10/9/07, 11:40 AM   #4
PJ Wright

Great post Kevin, thanks! We all need an occasional reality or perspective check. I had one Sunday night while watching "Extreme Makeover, Home Edition". That particular episode featured an 8 year old girl who was battling cancer. Just before it came on I had been complaining about some unexpected expenses like it was a big deal. That show served as a reminder of just how much I've got to be thankful for.

10/9/07, 11:47 AM   #5
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

K.B....Spoken like a true CHAMPION that you are!!!!.....

10/9/07, 12:54 PM   #6
Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskybrisky5 View Post
First off I would like to apoligize for all of the negative things the past couple of days. I truly just want to see non wing sprint car racing grow. That being said I just had to share this story with you because it really touched my heart Sunday.

Our church was celebrating their 50 year anniversary Sunday. I was determined to go even though I got in at 4 a.m. Sunday morning. I am so glad that I did. We had a great service well worth it. That day we had past pastors there to speak and many elders of the church returned to celebrate the event. First let me start with the funny part one of the old pastors from the late 70s started his speech by saying i recognize alot of people but I really noticed Kevin Briscoe because when he was younger he was the Dennis Menice of the church lol. So you know that I have had a mean streak since I was young it just didnt happen. So my posts I guess came natural lol. The part that touched my heart though was when my old Sunday school teacher came up to me and told me a story, she is close to 80 years old now. She said every Sunday morning in class she would ask each kid what they were thankfull for. She said every Sunday I would thank God for Sprint Cars. When she said that it hit me like a ton of bricks. God has blessed me with what I thanked him for when I was a kid. I have had a career I could have only dreamed of winning one race I would have been happy with when I started. But I have had numerous wins and championships. He also has kept me safe from the begining of my career. There have been many races I do not know how the car kept from going over but it didnt and it was because he was there. I have not been an angel my whole life but he has still loved me and took care of me throughout. So remember this God is listening when you pray or thanking him and he will take care of you. It might not be what you want at the time but he knows exactly what you need. So to all that are facing problems put them in Gods hands and everything will be alright. To Kevin and Lauren keep praying as we all are for Drake and everything is going to be alright.

Some people are going to say that this is not an appropriate post for this site. I say to you I am praying for you.
:respect: :briscoe: :respect:

10/9/07, 1:35 PM   #7
Barney

Very well written kevin.:thumb:

Even though we have never met personally I have always considered you one of my favorite drivers.

Now I have another reason why.:checkered:

10/9/07, 1:41 PM   #8
#1SPRINTVET

Thanks Kevin, the lord has guided me through a long life and it is hard to express on a racing forum how much Jesus has meant in our lives. You have expressed it very well. Broken bones, crashes, heart problems, but had a wonderful life which I still am experiencing. My wife said I waisted a lifetime playing, going around in circles and getting no where. We are in our seventies and I still enjoy the races and race people. I even drove a sprint car one night this summer. I got home Sunday from Lawrenceburg at 4:30, but still make church on Sundays to say THANKS! Sam Stockon Sr.

10/9/07, 2:20 PM   #9
cecil98

Kevin, I'm not an exemplary Christian but, I am a Christian. There's nothing wrong with witnessing your faith to others (JUST DON'T KNOCK ON MY DOOR AT DINNER TIME!!!! LOL). Your story is, indeed, inspirational and to top it off, Sprint car related! You can't beat that.

PS......Do not, EVER, tell your pastors and Sunday School teachers about some of those past FunFests!!!!! I know I'm not!!! LOL

Great Job Kevin. I have the utmost respect for you and your Dad.

10/9/07, 4:08 PM   #10
sprint38racer

Right on Kevin, you have your priorities right. Keep Jesus at the forefront and all will turn out in the end, doesn't mean we won't have situations, heartbreaks and injuries along the way,but He will be with us. I know there are a couple of times specifically that the only reason I survived an accident or wasn't hurt much worse was because He kept me from it. Anyone wanting to see one evidence of this go to redhillraceway.com and look at racing photos from June 5, 2004 and you'll see me knocked out and engulfed in a fireball that sure looks like an angel is absorbing the flames for me. Although I received a few minor burns, a concussion and a really messed up back that has basically ended my racing, I know He kept me from being barbequed. Thank you Jesus!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A little story