IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My Story from LBurgh
10/10/07, 9:14 AM   #1
My Story from LBurgh
Dale800

Not beating the dead horse..........IMO somtimes we all miss whats important in life, Sat night I went to a wonderful facility saw mud fly, cars race, some big time racers miss the show, and some little guys make the show. I also got to spend some quality time with friends too and from the track.(dont know the milage but its along way back to bloomington) We should be thankful that after the sprintcar went into the stands that we will still have racing this week, and next summer and not some big leagle court battle. With six laps to go I was setting in the stands dodging the mud, having a blast when I was hit with a rock just above my eye on my forhead. I cant give a time frame min ect , but I think medical attention was very promt. I remember the crowd booing Swindell while I was getting bandages, cleaned up and my friend had me out of the stands before the stockcars took the track. I want to thank Dave and his staff for all of their help, from the paramedics who helped and tried to take me to the hospital, to the officer who walked us out to our car, and everbody inbetween. Needless to say I had a pretty bad headach Sunday and Monday, but it gets better each day. I would also like to send Thanks to the race teams for putting on a good show each and every week at all the tracks I attend. I have been to several Track this summer Bloomington, Kamp, Gas City, Lawrenceburgh, Haubstaudt, Paragon. Im glad when everybody leaves the race healthy, and now im going to be glad when I aslo leave each place healthy. Thank god we live in a country that has sprint cars, dirt, and the right to go or stay home, and also for places like IOW where fans, owners , drivers, and promoters can come and share ideias and try to make racing better for all involved.

ok im done, sorry if my spelling or gramer sucks or if I offended anybody .

hope to see you all at the race track soon.

Dale:headbang::thumbsdown:

10/10/07, 9:38 AM   #2
Re: My Story from LBurgh
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Glad your ok Dale! I walked up the end stairs just as the first hotlap session dropped the green, I was covered in mud. Blocking my face and my cooler stayed covered with mud the whole night.

I've been hit by rocks a few times (Never at the Burg). Luckily they've hit me in my hard forehead.

Chuck

10/10/07, 10:14 AM   #3
Re: My Story from LBurgh
ossuks

Dale800 owes a huge debt of gratitude to his freinds. There are just those moments in life when you can seperate the real freinds from the pretenders. Freinds don't let freinds drive drunk and freinds don't let freinds watch stockcars sober!:rolling::emote20::rollingave 880's story is a reminder to all just how important true freinds are!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My Story from LBurgh