IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brad Loyet and Russ Harper flip sequence
10/8/07, 4:24 PM   #11
Re: Brad Loyet and Russ Harper flip sequence
Midget82

It appeared Harper tried to avoid Loyet and the wall sucked him in as well...

Brad's cage didn't look good, obviously both took hard hits...

Glad to hear they're both ok...

The new 3/8 is a good midget track, can't wait to see some real sprinters on it!!! :thumb:

-Drew

10/8/07, 4:38 PM   #12
petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I miss the 1/4 mile track. Good riddance to the 1/2 mile track. The 3/8 mile track is much better.
Damn right! The quarter was cool. Every race (only three midget events compared to like 20 some odd WoO and about three wingless races on the half) I saw on it was great!

New configuration is nice but when I was there for the outlaws and Powri in June, the track went to junk real quick from the get go. How was it last night?

10/8/07, 4:45 PM   #13
Midget82

Petey, track was decent most of the night, was alright for the midget A, started to lay some rubber down and the cushion was to the wall. It was still pretty racy...

Once the sprints started their A it was definetly junk. Typical conditions for a wing race, nice 'n dusty, and slicked off for the most part.

10/8/07, 5:43 PM   #14
dirtywhiteboy

last night was the first tiem I was ever down to Granite City for a race. Nice track layout (reminds me of a larger Jacksonville Raceway now known as Morgan County Speedway in Jacksonville, IL).

Can't wait for next year. Hopefully the guys I know and want to do better will. Fate and the jinx got both of them.

10/8/07, 7:08 PM   #15
SpfldMile

Illinoise, I just meant that Gharst was that fast. If he wouldn't have gotten held up a few times, he might have made it all the way around to Jacobs. I guess that statement did sound a little stupid.

10/8/07, 7:16 PM   #16
tonyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
Damn right! The quarter was cool. Every race (only three midget events compared to like 20 some odd WoO and about three wingless races on the half) I saw on it was great!

New configuration is nice but when I was there for the outlaws and Powri in June, the track went to junk real quick from the get go. How was it last night?
petey...I was looking for you last night, you missed some good racing! Hated to see drivers hauled off in ambulances again, but it sounds as if they are going to be ok. McDuffy was there, & spoke briefly about his recovery which was awesome to see...he took a huge spill there in June!

I got a shirt from Coons, & spoke briefly with him, & Eckert....definitely a couple of great guys for the sport!

Gotta give props to the Don Moore #10 team....no big hauler, not a lot of spares laying around, but he had his car on the money last night! Congrats!

I thought the track was much better than the June PowrI / WoO show...even with a strong south wind, & temps hovering around 90!

10/8/07, 11:11 PM   #17
alcoholic

A scarey wreck for sure, glad everyone was alright. Track was okay for the midgets, but was bad for the sprinters. There was a huge difference in track prep between the 2 nights of sprints. Farmington was REALLY hooked up with no dust, TriCity was slick and dusty.

10/9/07, 10:47 AM   #18
Midget82

Granite has always been weird... It's like sitting in a sandstorm, but the surface will still be tacky... They re-vamped the track, but kept the same dirt...

10/9/07, 3:18 PM   #19
sprinthead

Does anyone know how Brad Kuhn is doing? He took a hard ride too. Looked like he got his bell rung pretty good. It was to bad as he was coming on strong on the top.

10/9/07, 3:31 PM   #20
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget82 View Post
Granite has always been weird... It's like sitting in a sandstorm, but the surface will still be tacky... They re-vamped the track, but kept the same dirt...
I think part of the problem lies in the fact that with all those open soccer fields immediately to the south of the track, there's really nothing to block the south wind from blowing all that dirt back towards the stands.

But I've gotten WAY dirtier at Tri City than I did Sunday night. I remember a WoO show on the half-mile from a few years ago where the dust was so bad you could scarcely even see the cars go into turn 1.

And besides, if the wind had been blowing from the opposite direction (north), we'd all likely be talking about how cold it was, or how they didn't have enough hot chocolate, or how they didn't have enough fire barrels, etc, etc.

(Actually, one year ago this past weekend, Tri City had their big crate late model race, and it was mid 40's for a Sunday afternoon race. What a difference a year makes. LOL

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brad Loyet and Russ Harper flip sequence