IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #31 5/28/21 11:45 AM
Prayers for all Involved Brent and family!
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, oppweld, tirespinner
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #32 5/28/21 11:59 AM
Brent and Asha,

Glad to hear the operation went well and you are doing better. Asha, thanks for the updates and keeping us informed and taking good care of the big guy. Hope everything continues to improve and the next surgery is successful and the last. Look forward to seeing you again at the race tracks of Indiana. Take care, our friend and get well soon.

Bruce and Pat Eckel
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, oppweld, racegal, tirespinner
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #33 5/28/21 3:15 PM
Hope Brent and Asha read this.

According to the reports Brent T Funk had a C-section.

He should heal up in time for Sprint Week.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #34 5/29/21 4:59 AM
And from last night.....

Brent Update: He’s home!! He took a shower and is resting in his chair while watching FloRacing Carb Night Classic! Thank you to all!!
17 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, cwfan08, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, Josh Spencer, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PIT CART, racefan20, racenut69, Rcar, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #35 5/29/21 7:40 AM
Thank you everyone!!! Yes I am home, very sore, and am far from 100%. With all that said, I really don't feel too bad. I need to rehab for 4 to 6 weeks before doing the next surgery in Indy. This all started On February 9. Since that time, I have had 4 surgeries, countless Dr Appointments, and endless trips to the bathroom. Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers. It truly means a lot.
40 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, Bobv, Chief Wahoo, chris jockish, cowboyhar69, Danny Burton, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, fish, flatout18, GlobalSpeedway Tours, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, Isaac Chapple Racing, itsanonwingthing, Jerry Shaw, Josh Spencer, K9Racer, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, Mrs G, openwheelfan1, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, racefan20, racegurl68, racenut69, Rcar, Red Clay, Scott Daloisio, Stevensville Mike, TBONE, TeamCGR, The Old Coyote, tirespinner, treecitytornado, wallbanger II
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #36 5/29/21 9:27 AM
Glad to hear you are home and doing better Brent.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #37 5/29/21 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Thank you everyone!!! Yes I am home, very sore, and am far from 100%. With all that said, I really don't feel too bad. I need to rehab for 4 to 6 weeks before doing the next surgery in Indy. This all started On February 9. Since that time, I have had 4 surgeries, countless Dr Appointments, and endless trips to the bathroom. Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers. It truly means a lot.
OK.... now that you have everyone's sympathy, this is your big chance to sell out that box of "Tony Funk & The Homewreckers" t-shirts!
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, tirespinner
GlobalSpeedway Tours (Offline)
  #38 5/30/21 5:49 PM
Not sure if Australia has chimed in yet Brent, but just in case, here’s wishing you the best. We feel like you must do at the moment. Sick, sore and sorry that we can’t be in the USA as race fans right now.

Our country, along with New Zealand, has handled the pandemic better than most across the world. Very few COVID cases, and to ensure it stays that way, the government have stopped international travel, thus keeping the virus at bay.

And that has meant we can’t get to see all our friends in America at the dozens of race tracks we travel to each northern summer. There’s nothing better than catching up with you across Indiana and I trust that we will be able to do so again very soon.

Get well quickly Brent because when the gates open again downunder, we’ll be back to say hi ....

Pete Physick
12 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, flatout18, Grocery Guy, i love dirt track racing, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, monkeyboy, oppweld, Pitdad, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #39 5/30/21 8:07 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
.... and endless trips to the bathroom.
You keep whizzing away, my friend! It's good for you!

I, and everyone else on this forum, are glad to hear you have been safely towed back to the garage and will be out on the track again sooner or later.

I am also glad you are back on our forum after a hiatus, my friend.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, i love dirt track racing, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, tirespinner
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #40 5/31/21 7:03 AM
Continued thoughts and prayers, Brent!! God Bless You! ❤🙏