IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown at Super Dirt Week?
11/20/13, 1:42 PM   #1
Silver Crown at Super Dirt Week?
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Just got this email... sorry if this is old news:

USAC Silver Crown Series Joins ‘Racing’s Biggest Party’ during NAPA Super DIRT Week in October 2014 at N.Y. State Fairgrounds

Open-wheel stars join stout field of Super DIRTcar Series Big-Block Modifieds, DIRTcar 358-Modifieds, DIRTcar Sportsman Modifieds and DIRTcar Pro Stocks at Syracuse

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Nov. 20, 2013 – Al Unser topped Mario Andretti and a field of open-wheel superstars the first time the USAC Silver Crown Series raced at the New York State Fairgrounds “Moody Mile” in 1974. Now, 40 years after that historic event, the USAC Silver Crown Series will return in October 2014 to Syracuse during the 43rd annual NAPA Auto Parts Super DIRT Week.

USAC Silver Crown Series Returns to NAPA Super DIRT Week in 2014

The USAC Silver Crown Series will tackle the Mile on Saturday, Oct. 11, along with the showcase 150-mile event for the DIRTcar 358-Modified Series. The DIRTcar Sportsman Modified feature will shift to Sunday, Oct. 12, where it will join the DIRTcar Pro Stock event and the Super DIRTcar Series’ premier $50,000-to-win Syracuse 200.

“We’re excited to bring the Silver Crown Series back to Syracuse,” said USAC President Kevin Miller. “Super DIRT Week is such an historic event, and we are definitely looking forward to putting on a show for the passionate race fans that have been going there for more than 40 years.”

NAPA Super DIRT Week at the New York State Fairgrounds will kick off on Wednesday, Oct. 8, with a Big-Block Modified Happy Hour practice before Thursday’s qualifying runs for the Big-Blocks and 358-Modifieds. The USAC Silver Crown cars will hit the Mile on Friday afternoon for a practice session along with the Futures events, followed by “Friday Night Lights” featuring the Sportsman Modified Triple 10s, the 358-Modified Twin 20s and the Big-Block Modified Triple 20s.

All of that sets the stage for two huge days of racing Saturday and Sunday on the Mile.

“The USAC Silver Crown Series has a rich history at Syracuse, and we’re thrilled to welcome them back in 2014,” said World Racing Group CEO Brian Carter. “We’re always trying to enhance our events for our fans. We have incredible racing at Syracuse with the Big-Blocks, 358-Modifieds, Sportsman and Pro Stocks, now bringing the Silver Crown cars back to the Mile will make the week even bigger for everybody.”

The USAC Silver Crown Series last raced on the Syracuse Mile in 2003 during NAPA Super DIRT Week, with J.J. Yeley taking the checkered flag.

For NAPA Auto Parts information and tickets, click www.SuperDIRTWeekOnline.com, or follow on Twitter @SuperDIRTWeek or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SuperDIRTWeek. For more information on the USAC Silver Crown Series, click www.USACRacing.com.

The Super DIRTcar Series and DIRTcar Racing in the Northeast Region is brought to fans by several sponsors and partners including Hoosier Racing Tire, VP Racing Fuels, Chevy Performance Parts, NAPA Auto Parts, and Safety-Kleen. Contingency sponsors are ASI, Bicknell Racing Products, Bilstein Shocks, Brodix, ButlerBuilt, Cometic Gasket, Comp Cams, Edelbrock, Integra Shocks, Intercomp, JE Pistons, JRI Shocks, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, KSE Racing Products, Motorsports Safety Systems, MSD Performance, Penske Shocks, Racing Electronics, Superflow and Wrisco Industries.

11/20/13, 1:55 PM   #2
Re: Silver Crown at Super Dirt Week?
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

And the WoO are promoting it on their Facebook and Youtube page via the video below

11/20/13, 2:52 PM   #3
Roy Bleckert

Maybe there is hope for the Big Cars ?

11/20/13, 4:13 PM   #4
berks co

Now I have a reason to return to Super DIRT Week.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, davidm, FALCONEDDIE, SOROKACH35FAN
11/20/13, 7:10 PM   #5
racephoto1

Looks like I'm going to go back to Syracuse. Best part of the last time I was there was the crowd. The mod fans left the grandstands and the champ car fans filled their seats. It's worth the drive from Indy, even if it's just once you go. Bring every type of clothing you have , from shorts to winter clothes. In Syracuse you never know what you'll get.

If it's really scheduled right, go to Rolling Wheels after Syracuse. Rolling Wheels is a big fast joint, a real 5/8 dirt track. Great place to see a show too. I'm looking forward to this one.

11/20/13, 9:01 PM   #6
i love dirt track racing

Go madman

11/21/13, 9:08 AM   #7
Ty

Would love to see Tobias back in a champ car at the moody mile

1 member likes this post: jdull99
11/21/13, 2:31 PM   #8
darnall

Yesterday was a great day at work...I was really slow, so after I watched this commercial I clicked on the video for the little trees 100 from Syracuse super dirt week XXXII... got to watch the entire hundred laps by way of a 12 part video...pretty good stinkin racing...30 cars...Tobias led damn near the whole thing until Yeley capitalized on a goof up with 2 to go... started to watch the following year but ran out of time...there were only 23 cars that year...I sure hope they can pull a 20 plus car field for 2014
Last edited by darnall; 11/21/13 at 2:45 PM. Reason: public school caliber spelling...haha

11/22/13, 12:27 AM   #9
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

Now if they would just bring back the Hoosier hundred!

11/22/13, 6:40 AM   #10
BillJackson

“We’re excited to bring the Silver Crown Series back to Syracuse,” said USAC President Kevin Miller. “Super DIRT Week is such an historic event, and we are definitely looking forward to putting on a show for the passionate race fans that have been going there for more than 40 years.”

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown at Super Dirt Week?