IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Harry Hespell Offy
4/2/08, 11:36 PM   #1
Harry Hespell Offy
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Hey guys. I'm going back to Joe's shop Friday to take some more pictures of the Harry Hespell Offy that he's working on. In the meantime can anybody identify this midget? It's from the East Coast but my grandmother can't remember whose it is. However she does remember the helmet and goggles belonged to Art Cross.

4/2/08, 11:40 PM   #2
Re: Harry Hespell Offy
Dwight Clock

That might be an early Vitucci Offy. Johnny Coy drove for them for years. That photo appears to be late 40's or early 50's so it was just a little before my time. I only attended my first midget race in '52. I'm sure Joe might know something about it. Say hi for me when you go. BTW, you do know that is a Fiore sprinter in my avatar, don't you?

4/2/08, 11:45 PM   #3
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Actually I didn't even pay attention to the avatar but now that you point it out it is very obvious! He has pictures on the walls of Billy Pauch driving one of his cars(among others). I should just take photos of the whole shop!

4/2/08, 11:50 PM   #4
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtoPA View Post
Actually I didn't even pay attention to the avatar but now that you point it out it is very obvious! He has pictures on the walls of Billy Pauch driving one of his cars(among others). I should just take photos of the whole shop!
That picture was taken July 10, 1983 at Hagerstown with Kramer Williamson behind the wheel.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Harry Hespell Offy