IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bmsracing11 (Offline)
  #1 12/17/11 4:20 PM
Has anyone heard a word about the fate of this racetrack ?
mayor31 (Offline)
  #2 12/17/11 5:43 PM
I have been told there will be atleast 6 special shows there next year.
6 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, Mud Packer, PJ Wright, Steve Wendel
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #3 12/17/11 7:37 PM
thats good news. ya got any news on kamp mayor?
bmsracing11 (Offline)
  #4 12/18/11 12:12 AM
Who's putting on these races? And are they sprint races?
19racer
  #5 12/19/11 11:25 PM
Havnt heard nothing for Danville and and no news for Kamp. Last I had heard Danville was looking for a promoter but you gotta deal with the fair boards and kamp needs a buyer.
mscs20 (Offline)
  #6 12/20/11 1:33 AM
The IL winged group MOWA reports that they have a race there during the fair. It was also reported that they have a new fairboard president and that the board itself will promote the fair race. It is tradition for the fairboard to promote the fair race.....which is usually some kind of Hornet type enduro race, but good news it is at least adding winged sprints.
Steve Sinclair of K&K Ins said that he has been contacted about inspecting the track for a policy regarding the 2012 season. He said he was not familiar with the person who called.....I would assume it was the new board prez.
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, Pat O'Connor Fan, Steve Wendel
kingmod5 (Offline)
  #7 12/21/11 1:17 PM
I know this is about late models but it was mentioned on dirtondirt.com that Danville will be having a handful of special events in 2012. The only thing mentioned was a possible Summernationals show. Nothing was mentioned about the promoter.
mayor31 (Offline)
  #8 12/21/11 5:38 PM
Dont want to say any names but was told it was a former racer from the danville area. lets just hope there is some kind of racing over there
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #9 12/21/11 8:01 PM
Bob pierce again,,,lmao

Posted via Mobile Device
danielbryan001 (Offline)
  #10 11/20/13 3:31 AM
No i never heard about this line. Who told this line and for what reason.