IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Car shifter cable rebuild
2/12/20, 9:05 AM   #1
Sprint Car shifter cable rebuild
Len Cockman

Hello:

I'm looking for suggestions on shifter cable rebuilds. We keep pulling the housing out of the top crimped area just below the shift lever. Also looking for suggestions as to why this keeps happening (three times in seven races). Thanks to both Scottie Weir and Dalis Hewitt for trying to help us out of this situation last autumn at Gas City. I am now looking to solve the problem before this seaons starts in the Midwest.

Sincerely, Len

2/12/20, 11:25 AM   #2
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

I have had the same problem at times, and in my case I believe it came from using a cable that was the wrong length. I started having the problem when I added DMI shifters to my collection and I think I began to mix and match DMI and winters cables. I think that they are slightly different, so they work for a while, but then you pull the end off. I haven't raced enough since then to know if I fixed the problem or not.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Car shifter cable rebuild