IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #1 2/15/20 11:00 AM
It never fails that a lot of threads on here ends up with some folks bashing the United States Auto Club. I have a hard time understanding why. As a fan I certainly don’t see it. What I do see is large fan turnout and almost always the best sprint and midget racing in the country with the best drivers and teams. I don’t race anymore but if I were a competitor I don’t see how you could have much to complain about. I’ve talked with Spridge a couple of different times and Levi once also, they sure seemed friendly an approachable. I can’t imagine them disrespecting anyone that came out to race. Now I’ve heard complaints of favoritism and so forth but I have yet to see any concrete evidence that provides proof to that allegation. Tickets are fairly priced in most cases when compared to going to an Outlaws race. My only complaint would be that they don’t have a big enough corporate sponsorship to pay a points fund similar to what they have in wings. Seems to me for some it’s a Love/Hate relationship with USAC. From my perspective the haters must have some underlying issues with the club because I don’t see how you can’t appreciate the product
30 Likes: bigq11, bigvee, Black Deuce, captrat, cornerthree, duel, erich45, Hotrod, interpreter66, Jonr, jwl, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, nathans1012, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PJ Wright, racenut69, ronmil, ROSS, spicoli, Stephen Cording, Stevensville Mike, tamati, TNRustler, Wayne Davis, WinglessLovers, Xflagman, XtremeLS1
Non wing lover (Offline)
  #2 2/15/20 11:30 AM
Thats my only complaint too is the lack of corporate sponsers.sonething needs to be done to keep your series teams and drivers from bolting to another series like the all stars.does start monies need increased? It need looked into.live usac and I will support whenever we possibly can.we don't have the financial capabilities to attend each and every usac meet but we try hit what we xan
2 Likes: Hotrod, tirespinner
captrat (Offline)
  #3 2/15/20 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
It never fails that a lot of threads on here ends up with some folks bashing the United States Auto Club. I have a hard time understanding why. As a fan I certainly don’t see it. What I do see is large fan turnout and almost always the best sprint and midget racing in the country with the best drivers and teams. I don’t race anymore but if I were a competitor I don’t see how you could have much to complain about. I’ve talked with Spridge a couple of different times and Levi once also, they sure seemed friendly an approachable. I can’t imagine them disrespecting anyone that came out to race. Now I’ve heard complaints of favoritism and so forth but I have yet to see any concrete evidence that provides proof to that allegation. Tickets are fairly priced in most cases when compared to going to an Outlaws race. My only complaint would be that they don’t have a big enough corporate sponsorship to pay a points fund similar to what they have in wings. Seems to me for some it’s a Love/Hate relationship with USAC. From my perspective the haters must have some underlying issues with the club because I don’t see how you can’t appreciate the product

Agree, however, from a fan's point of view sometimes it seems they forget they are in the sports/entertainment business. Last night 30 cars took time, 1 car did not make the call for heats. So, I assume because of the new 30 car rule, then the 29 cars were divided into just 3 heats. IMO it is these kinds of things that often cause negative feedback. $30 for tickets is reasonable, however a shortened program is not. If I go to a baseball game I expect 9 innings, not 7.
4 Likes: erich45, Indy1808, skids59, tirespinner
wingless1 (Offline)
  #4 2/15/20 1:52 PM
I only follow the sport online now-a-days, last time me and the wife and kids went to a race was 2010 at Ocala for the USAC sprint cars. I'm about 2 hours north east of Ocala, so it would be the only possible option for a race I'd want to see. With that being said, the last few races I attended one of the two guys on the front row checked out in the main event, it was not exciting. If you go back through USAC results, sprints and midgets, and see how often the feature is won from the front row, it's way too common. USAC needs a way to line up the main event so the fastest guys have to pass at least 2 or 3 cars. Outside of that I always thought USAC racing was as good as any other organization.

Mitch G.
captrat (Offline)
  #5 2/15/20 2:08 PM
Originally Posted by wingless1:
I only follow the sport online now-a-days, last time me and the wife and kids went to a race was 2010 at Ocala for the USAC sprint cars. I'm about 2 hours north east of Ocala, so it would be the only possible option for a race I'd want to see. With that being said, the last few races I attended one of the two guys on the front row checked out in the main event, it was not exciting. If you go back through USAC results, sprints and midgets, and see how often the feature is won from the front row, it's way too common. USAC needs a way to line up the main event so the fastest guys have to pass at least 2 or 3 cars. Outside of that I always thought USAC racing was as good as any other organization.
First 6 cars always inverted.
5 Likes: chrismattlin, flagboy55, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, TNRustler
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #6 2/15/20 2:18 PM
Last night's winner started 9th.
10 Likes: Charles Nungester, duel, flagboy55, interpreter66, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, Stephen Cording, tirespinner, TNRustler
fourteen fan (Offline)
  #7 2/15/20 4:26 PM
I thought Dustin Clark got a bad deal last night. He was was leading the B, gets a flat, and they cant wait a minute for him.
revjimk (Offline)
  #8 2/15/20 4:27 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
You need to make the distinction between "bashing" & constructive criticism, If you dig traditional sprint cars, obviously its the best. Very few things in life are perfect, & people shouldn't be offended by suggestions for improvement
4 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, Indy1808, PIT CART, tirespinner
richie (Online)
  #9 2/15/20 4:41 PM
Originally Posted by fourteen fan:
I thought Dustin Clark got a bad deal last night. He was was leading the B, gets a flat, and they cant wait a minute for him.
There is no work area time during the heats or the B-Main. There is a work area until the last five laps of the feature. After that, there is no work area. Cars have to be ready to be pushed off before the lead car crosses the start/finish line with one lap left before going back to green.
3 Likes: chrismattlin, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
fourteen fan (Offline)
  #10 2/15/20 4:56 PM
Yup get all that. Maybe you should revist some rules when drivers pull 1,000 mile to race. Still dont think its fair.
9 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, progressive22, Rpracing1, ShamrockRacin'48G, sprinter31, sprinter6, tirespinner