IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
racer-x (Offline)
  #71 12/31/12 1:08 PM
Originally Posted by DonMoore10:
Mr. Anonymous,
t. But the people in the stands this past weekend got it right when the car went out of the arena on the fork lift. Na na na na, hey hey hey good bye. The people spoke about this nonsense and justly right with their applause and cheers.
I thought i heard the #2 car missing down the straightaway during the feature the first night right before he pulled off. The fans by me mostly were making noise that he pulled off. It sounded more like AHHHHH then BOOOO to me. Maybe next year they should promote someone with a name like RONNIE ZIGAFOOSE or PETER DRAGON and see how many butts that puts in the seats!
Roy Bleckert (Offline)
  #72 12/31/12 1:09 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
I agree Bill.......I just wanted to be lucky poster no. 69.....Winner..Winner..........

dang.....even missed that by one.........
HaHa I got in before you LOLLLL !!!!!
Tony Barhorst (Offline)
  #73 12/31/12 3:57 PM
Originally Posted by treecitytornado:
It is up to Tony Barhorst to enforce the rules. I am curious what he said when you spoke to him about these matters, Don? I would hope that you did talk to him.

Posted via Mobile Device
Here is the story on the illegal tire. It made it past our tech, and was only reported to me by a long time veteran of the sport after the race on night 1. I went over to look at the car, and asked that it be taken off. They replaced it with a legal tire, and still went out to win night 2.

I was upset our tech missed it. They were told to watch for it this year. It just got by us. Hoosier gave the tire to Tony.

Prior to last years race, I sent the rules to TSR, and spoke with their crew. The Munchkin had to take off the large oil tank that they had on it from when it was purchased from Mike Fedorcak. They made all the changes ordered by rule. The left side of cars were getting out of control with weight before then.

I wish I had the video of 1999 when Jon Heydenreich let Tony hop into the Wild Goose, a totally conventional car. He started 17th and put on a CLINIC on slicing through the field with NO contact on the way to the lead.

The exhibition brought a tear to the eye of a few hardened veterans of midget racing.

There is a reason Roger Penske offered Tony a ride in the Indy 500. He can flat out drive anything.

11 Likes: DaveP63, hairracer44, jdull99, K-Dawg30, Lewis1585, Modocer 57, racephoto1, SPRINTCAR, Steve Wendel, team3521
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #74 12/31/12 4:02 PM
Got an indoor race coming to Kellog Arena Batlle Creek MI, already 2 races this year. People sayin it's pretty good racing, don't believe they have full size midgets but plenty of other classes
Roy Bleckert (Offline)
  #75 12/31/12 4:12 PM
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst:
Here is the story on the illegal tire. It made it past our tech, and was only reported to me by a long time veteran of the sport after the race on night 1
. I went over to look at the car, and asked that kit be taken off. They replaced it with a legal tire, and still went out to win night 2.

I was upset our tech missed it. They were told to watch for it this year. It hust got by us. Hoosier gave the tire to Tony.

I wish I had the video of 1999 when Jon Heydenreich let Tony hop into the Wild Goose, a totally conventional car. He started 17th and put on a CLINIC on slicing through the field with NO contact on the way to the lead.

The exhibition brought a tear to the eye of a few hardened veterans of midget racing.

There is a reason Roger Penske offered Tony a ride in the Indy 500. He can flat out drive anything.

Peeps cheating @ racing say it ain't so LOLLL !!!

Chris Economaki used to point out Sprint Cars drew huge crowds before it became homogenized cookie cutter like

Same with Indy Car when innovation & out thinking or down right cheating was killed off so went the crowds

NastyCar is doing the same thing with the COT

Different approaches to cars is good (like diff tail shapes)

Remember Peeps want to Boo the Black hats more than they want to cheer the white hats
2 Likes: Joe Kidd, RoS&S
Tony Barhorst (Offline)
  #76 12/31/12 4:22 PM
Originally Posted by Roy Bleckert:
Peeps cheating @ racing say it ain't so LOLLL !!!

Remember Peeps want to Boo the Black hats more than they want to cheer the white hats
Roy rings the bell on target!...I remember being at the 1977 Indy 500...AJ had been dominating for two decades in midgets, sprints, champ cars etc. I bet a quarter of the crowd at least was rooting against him. Now they cheer every 4th place finish by his team.

#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #77 12/31/12 7:31 PM
Although everyone seems to talk down of Mr Moore! I would like to thank you for fielding cars in this very pour economy! Also would like to thank you for giving drivers FREE rides! I have met you and you are a very nice respectful person! I hope to see the #10 Midget slinging some Indiana dirt in 2013!

22 Likes: Ch138, Charles Nungester, Hamby812, jdull99, Kansasdirtfan, luckybuc97, MikeIN, mingo, mod4s, otgracing17, PARKS, PatrickMead#13, PJ Wright, Puppy, Roy Bleckert, Russ, Sandy Lowe, sc17x, Steve Wendel, team3521, Tony Barhorst, Wayne Davis
Roy Bleckert (Offline)
  #78 12/31/12 8:46 PM
@ Tony RingaLingaDingDingDing LOLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe when I grow up I can be a big time promoter like TB !
stoney (Offline)
  #79 12/31/12 9:03 PM
here you go!
7 Likes: HurstBros0, LRP36, Puppy, Roy Bleckert, schwarzracen27, team3521, Tony Barhorst
backitin
  #80 12/31/12 9:34 PM
Originally Posted by stoney:
here you go!
See Butt Ugly was alive and well even then.
Closed Thread