IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
SlideJob Jones (Offline)
  #191 1/3/13 11:50 PM
If I cry enough can I drive one too? I am a fat ass, so minimum weights are no problem. I look forward to your people contacting my people.

Better yet, can I drive the stupid music car? I can spin them out with the best of them.

Holding my breath.....
jdull99 (Offline)
  #192 1/4/13 1:01 AM
Isaac Chapple; you saved me the time from typing the same post! lol. I'd like to stand in line for any open Ft Wayne rides (I intend to be ready to race by then for sure)!

IMHO, any car owner of any of these cars can post, do, or say anything they want, anywhere, or any site they want! This sport wouldn't be what it is, or like SCCA racing or something, without people willing to risk their investments on all sorts of racetracks. If it weren't for people like Don (and any car owner that still puts drivers in their cars for talent) those that "rose" thru the ranks would most likely not even be in their current positions. The last thing I would want to continue to see happen is anything that causes car owners like Don (and/or esp. ANY with midget cars that were built to/still do race more than one time a year) to get to a point where they were upset with the current state and no longer campaign their equipment...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)
5 Likes: EBookerFan, fish, luckybuc97, Russ, Tony Barhorst
fish (Offline)
  #193 1/4/13 2:39 AM
I kind of liked the sqaure tail tank. Thought it ought to have more slope in it though. Through the aid of the computer here is a vision of the direction tail tanks could take at the Rumble. Fans would love it!!!!! Shoot, if there were just a few more of them they could uncork the engine limits and start a new class and call them super modified midget munchkins.

And on a more serious side. Here's the Munchkin during 1988 at South Bend.

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
3 Likes: apexonephoto, PJ Wright, team3521
midgetfan1962 (Offline)
  #194 1/4/13 2:46 AM
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst:
I am looking to have the 2013 Rumble rules in place EARLY. There will be changes made.

In regard to the square tank issue, I will make a change to address the tanks for the midgets. The tank had no effect on the performance of the car. IMO the car looked better with the swoop back tank. There will be a line in the rules mandating them.

I regard to the nerf bars and tire treatments, that is going to be the focus of our tech. The rules are going to come out early...and I guarantee you that we will be taking bars off of cars to check them. There is going to be a lot of wrenching taking those bars off. I better have a nerf bar vendor in place.

We will also focus on the tire prep.

One final observation. Look at the drive Bobby East had in the most traditional midget out there. Ran to second both nights. Dropped to 4th the first night. The kid is a good shoe who love to race.

Next years Fort Wayne dates are Fri. Dec 27 and Saturday, Dec. 28.

Happy New Rule Year!

Follow @rumbleseries on Twitter
i have a dog in this fight...i think my car is the most traditional midget that finished 2nd and 3rd this year..no one did better than that! one of my proudest moments this past weekend? driving off in my 251k mile dodge with the most successful car on the property on an open trailer...talk about budget racing!
19 Likes: addictedtodirt, apexonephoto, Charles Nungester, DAD, EBookerFan, fuzzyracing, gearguy, Hotshoe65s, Justin Stump, K-Dawg30, Kansasdirtfan, Mud Packer, PatrickMead#13, PJ Wright, randy j, shaftracing07, team3521, Tony Stewart, worm
mr nobody (Offline)
  #195 1/4/13 6:41 AM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
Isaac Chapple; you saved me the time from typing the same post! lol. I'd like to stand in line for any open Ft Wayne rides (I intend to be ready to race by then for sure)!

IMHO, any car owner of any of these cars can post, do, or say anything they want, anywhere, or any site they want! This sport wouldn't be what it is, or like SCCA racing or something, without people willing to risk their investments on all sorts of racetracks. If it weren't for people like Don (and any car owner that still puts drivers in their cars for talent) those that "rose" thru the ranks would most likely not even be in their current positions. The last thing I would want to continue to see happen is anything that causes car owners like Don (and/or esp. ANY with midget cars that were built to/still do race more than one time a year) to get to a point where they were upset with the current state and no longer campaign their equipment...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)
Maybe that should be applied to another series who's sanctioning body's name has been tossed about here several times. Just a thought.

As to the rest of the thread, great to see the leader of the site tell someone to STFU instead of doing constructive discussion. How many others here would get away with that? Does Don have a legit argument? By the rules stated (as they were written), absolutely. Did someone posting as Tony Stewart do the right thing and apologize and take responsibility? yes. Is this thread and discussion overwith? Yes. It's Chili Bowl time, lets move onto that and stop this back and forth sh*t slinging fiasco.

If this post offended anyone, well grow some thicker skin and/or consult a therapist.
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #196 1/4/13 8:17 AM
From what I'm gettin is, It was a broken rule but was over ridden by Mr. Barhorst for who ?? Team 3521 said the Rumbles for fun, Wonder how many guys that was victim of the bump & run thought it was fun, Especially if they were running up front.
STIDA.com (Offline)
  #197 1/4/13 8:38 AM
Since this thread was started on 12-30. I nominate it for 2012 thread of the year!

Sorry Billy.

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, KRJoyce1, Tony Barhorst
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #198 1/4/13 10:24 AM
Well, 197 posts on this thread with over 20 pages of responses to a thread started by Don Moore. I agree that this topic has run it's course and suggest that everyone move on to keep from losing their mind.

With everything that has been said, I can honestly say that absolutely nothing been resolved. This thread certainly could help Tony Barhorst from a promotional stand point next year. However, most folks that didn't attend this year will have forgotten about this thread by then.

Second, Tony Stewart did come on here and say that he made some mistakes. Takes a pretty good man to admit that he has made a mistake or two in his lifetime. He also made a generous offer in my opinion to Mr. Moore that most car owners wouldn't have made.

Don Moore has been a voice of midget racing for quite some time. His delivery certainly tends to wear on people but his message seems to be consistent. Everyone has to be their own judge whether or not to keep reading his posts or hit the ignore button. The choice is yours.

I guess all I am waiting for is to see if Don takes Tony S up on his offer. Don, will you accept Tony's offer or have you "quietly" declined. Happy midget racing everyone.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
DAD (Offline)
  #199 1/4/13 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Lowlife517:
Mr Moore, now you of all people claim to be within the rules...... I for one saw it on you car and hear is the rule that you were breaking..... so I for one don't want to here of you play by the rules then throw others under the bus!

USAC rule

V. With the exception of suspension components, induction and/or exhaust systems and nerf bars, no accessory or
component of the car may extend more than 6 inches from the main frame tubes. Cylindrical oil tanks mounted outside
the frame, behind the engine must be mounted as close to the frame as practical.

Now if I was to take a tape measure to the "breather can" that you had on you car it would not be within this 6" rule..... here is a link to the picture showing the evidence.. http://www.apexonephoto.com/Rumblein...8995&k=qvphmXn

Aside requiring a lawyer and an engineer (giving two people a job) to read and interpret this rule what good is it???

My lawyer would say all the VW cars are all illegal and since the breather was affixed to the oil tank in a semi permanent fashion it should be considered as part of the oil tank!!!

Honest Dad himself
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #200 1/4/13 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by mr nobody:
great to see the leader of the site tell someone to STFU instead of doing constructive discussion. How many others here would get away with that?
YOU are criticizing me about construction discussion... that's funny.

Please tell dirtywhiteboy I said hello.

4 Likes: DAD, dirtflinger, GasIt4, Mud Packer
Closed Thread