IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Quantrill (Offline)
  #41 7/11/13 1:09 PM
Andy,, I talked to Hud and Jim Frye two motor builder. Both say very little if any performance gain can be had by using after market steel rods. Both say the better rods are an insurance policy. Exactly why we allow them. And again if u don't want to run them don't,, plan and simple.

I dont follow you're logic, u don't mind spending $$$ on injection systems but u draw the line on rods? Why because u are looking past the spirit if intent of the rule. U think if a guy has aftermarket rods he HAS to be doing something else. If that is the case there motor is illegal per our rules. If a guy wants to waste his money on rods as u say why do u care?

Posted via Mobile Device
buckshot3448 (Offline)
  #42 7/11/13 1:13 PM
Most motors I've seen with aftermarket rods that insurance they speak of seems to lower the life. Like Andy said you can't just change the rods

Posted via Mobile Device
TFortune39 (Offline)
  #43 7/11/13 1:28 PM
So an engine builder who builds engines and probably sells parts suggests buying parts and building an engine for insurance reasons Hhhmmmmmmmmmm....makes sense!?!

Posted via Mobile Device
Quantrill (Offline)
  #44 7/11/13 1:40 PM
People can make up there own mind.
But I do want to post the last paragraph out of our rule book

Spirit and Intent:* “If this book does not say you can, you can’t!”* Guidelines offered in this publication are subject to the term "Spirit and Intent" and apply to the technical aspects of lightning sprint racing as well as to the actions of drivers and crewmembers.* In this book, “shall” is mandatory and “may” is permissive. It is expected that all participants will adhere to the “Spirit and Intent” of these rules. These are guidelines for fair and equitable competition. They are not the basis to "read between the lines" in order to circumvent the intent. Mid-America Lightning Sprints (hereinafter referred to as MALS) does not intend to become bogged down by internal litigation. If you are the type of person that is intent on finding loopholes, then it is imperative that you re-evaluate your association with MALS. The "Spirit and Intent" clause allows the Race Director to make timely decisions and resolve disputes.

Posted via Mobile Device
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #45 7/11/13 1:42 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
  #46 7/11/13 1:44 PM
Mark do you run alcohol?

Posted via Mobile Device
Quantrill (Offline)
  #47 7/11/13 1:56 PM
Andy,,,, when did u stop beating you're wife? I love these entrapment questions....

Posted via Mobile Device
El1teBr33ze (Offline)
  #48 7/11/13 2:03 PM
Whoa.
  #49 7/11/13 2:09 PM
I haven't stopped...she likes it almost as much as your mother does.
Point being do you guys tech rev limiters?

If a guy brings his bone stock motor to run with you and his rev limiter is at stock say 13.6, and the guy with his non performance corillo rods has his at 14.2
Is that not a performance increase? Anyone can change there rev limiter... you shouldn't sell snowballs in July.

Posted via Mobile Device
  #50 7/11/13 2:10 PM
And remember he's a promoter. MALS is it?

Posted via Mobile Device