just go run with them tell them its all stock
just like you and farney did at Eldora last year
they wont know the difference you pulled it
off last year if they truly teched your motor

2 members like this post: El1teBr33ze, minisprint
7/10/13, 9:11 PM   #22
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
Quantrill

WOW.... Called you on the phone to put a stop to this and this is how you man up by throwing more bombs!!! Just lost ANY respect I had for you. My motor is STOCK. I never told you anything remotely close. Matter of fact it just so happens that I tried to melt my motor down last weekend by running it out of water. So I just happen to have the head off. A pictures is worth a thousands words!!! If you like I can get today news paper and hold next to it so you know its from today.
Attached Images
DSC_0032.JPG (285.8 KB, 107 views)
DSC_0031.JPG (261.1 KB, 90 views)
DSC_0033.JPG (283.9 KB, 95 views)

7/10/13, 9:39 PM   #23
Bradleyracing86

I posted that before you called. Still like to talk to you, maybe face to face would be better?

Connecting flights right now, Mark.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/10/13, 9:56 PM   #24
SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS

thanks guys for the imput. I think its best to just leave the new Hyper hot rod at home. This post has really brought up a very good points that we need to address for the 2014season for all series. Lets all come together on a set of engine rules form east coast to west coast. This would let any car race anywhere at anytime without question. To be honest with you I only have my engine just to keep up. Im not the one who pushed the bar on engines. I like to win and if building a motor to help me I'm going to do it. By the way LUCK4 my Eldora win last year was with the same engine that I raced all year and it did pass tech. If you would leave the hood on and put your laptop in the truck you may have not blown so many engines.

1 member likes this post: Phylo82
7/10/13, 9:59 PM   #25
SteveB31

Bottom line here is this. If each sanctioning body has different rules, then it becomes difficult for people to travel and run with other sanctioning bodies. Also, if folks are running high $$$ engines, then that will kill the class. Look at the midgets etc.... Out here we run stock motors, and we have had 6 races and 5 different winners. And only one blown engine. I have a friend here, with an 04 GSXR, bone stock, won appx. 20+ features and has 80+ race nights on the motor and still going strong. I have 30 nights on my stock R1, and still going strong. If our class ends up needing $10K motors to run, then I too will switch to another class. Cannot afford that. You guys out in the midwest , could have huge car counts, if ALL the clubs had the same rules. Too bad that is not likley to happen. Just my 2 cents....from Colorado.

5 members like this post: Bradleyracing86, Copperhead, El1teBr33ze, Mattvp52, Mike M 67
7/10/13, 10:02 PM   #26
SteveB31

And , out here in Colorado , we have 3 lightning sprint clubs, (appx 50 cars total)all with the same motor rules, and ALL three have people running in each others clubs. In those three clubs, appx 18 races run this year with 14 different winners . Parity and low costs + growing classes.

2 members like this post: El1teBr33ze, Xflagman
7/10/13, 10:30 PM   #27
Phylo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB31 View Post
And , out here in Colorado , we have 3 lightning sprint clubs, (appx 50 cars total)all with the same motor rules, and ALL three have people running in each others clubs. In those three clubs, appx 18 races run this year with 14 different winners . Parity and low costs + growing classes.
That will never happen here....too much drama.

Waynesfield pretty much runs every week so there is no incentive to team up with other organizations or tracks to grow this class of racing.

The AMSA really doesn't exist anymore other than running the show at Waynesfield.....so that being said, they also have no incentive to work with other tracks/organizations to grow the 1000cc class.

Truth be told, this is no longer a cheap level of racing to be involved in if you want to compete week in and week out to win. We had some real good HUD motors, all legal with stock parts, stock injection, stock airbox, etc and while we were fast there were guys blowing right by us.....at least until their motors blew up.

It's a shame a few tracks can't get together and alternate weeks to run. You could have track championships and a series champion, now that would be fun.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS
7/10/13, 10:40 PM   #28
SteveB31

Oh, we have drama here as well, but we kinda all get along...but we have to keep the costs down, or we lose our guys to dwarfs, etc......

7/10/13, 10:52 PM   #29
SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS

I'm all for a new Ohio and Indiana Lighting Sprint club with 100% stock engine rule. I will help out anyone if they would like to get something going. I get tired running Waynesfield every week. Anyone that has knows me can tell you I'm not a rich guy with big pockets. We can make a change if enough people jump on board and quit complaining. Id be more than happy to sell my new HUD engine and have him build a stock one.

1 member likes this post: hoscalecody
7/10/13, 11:25 PM   #30
Phylo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS View Post
I'm all for a new Ohio and Indiana Lighting Sprint club with 100% stock engine rule. I will help out anyone if they would like to get something going. I get tired running Waynesfield every week. Anyone that has knows me can tell you I'm not a rich guy with big pockets. We can make a change if enough people jump on board and quit complaining. Id be more than happy to sell my new HUD engine and have him build a stock one.
A couple of years ago I would have lead that charge.....just don't see it happening until the powers that be around here realize they are pricing the budget racer out of the sport. It's been a fun five years but we've decided to move on. I hope at some point logic wins out over emotion in the 1000cc world of racing, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Mmsa mini sprints