6/30/09, 10:25 PM   #171
Re: The Rumor Mill
LittleRube

Ahhh....come on down to winchester and make it a 4 day race weekend
Posted via Mobile Device

6/30/09, 10:37 PM   #172
robert gatten

are you saying if NASCAR was starting up today they would not be able to get on TV ? USAC, like NASCAR has to start somewhere .

7/1/09, 9:07 AM   #173
Brolzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post

3. Get some on site promotions at the track. Get the drivers involved be it interviews over the PA, getting drivers in the stands to talk with people and introduce themselves to fans.
Grand-Am did a Fan Appreciation race earlier this year where they had a "Grid Walk" before the race, and they made sure the drivers and teams were out and available, and it was very successful. In fact, after that race, they made a point to add that to every race they logistically could. So, that's an idea that really works.

7/1/09, 12:39 PM   #174
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolzy View Post
Grand-Am did a Fan Appreciation race earlier this year where they had a "Grid Walk" before the race, and they made sure the drivers and teams were out and available, and it was very successful. In fact, after that race, they made a point to add that to every race they logistically could. So, that's an idea that really works.
ALMS has done that for some time plus a driver autograph session before the race.

7/1/09, 2:50 PM   #175
Brolzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
ALMS has done that for some time plus a driver autograph session before the race.
see, there's another example!

7/1/09, 5:15 PM   #176
Racerrob

We did this at Mercer and about 1/2 the fans came down and got autographs and Hero cards and the other 1/2 became very loud and impatient wanting to see the feature start. Damned if you do and damned if you don't!!!

I like Gas City's solution of letting the fans in the pits early to do the meet and greet. I am generally beat after the races and if we are on the road, still have to go to the car wash or drive a great distance so you probably won't see me at my best!!

Rob Hoffman

7/1/09, 7:17 PM   #177
ThrowbackRacingTeam

kevin,thanks for taking suggestions! i've had an idea for several years that i thought might help the pavement sprints and finally here it is.
my idea would be to go away from the alluminum 410's and require the 355 silver crown style engine! this could lead to increased car counts
in both divisions since it would make it easier and cheaper for teams to field both cars. you could allow the 410's with restrictors and added weight
the first year to get it going and i believe the other pavement groups would go along with this because it would be inticing for their car owner's
to get a champ car going. also do away with cockpit adj. gas charged shocks, rugular alluminum shocks are 1/4 the cost. make sure the weight
rule is enough so you don't have to buy titanium to make weight.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Rumor Mill