IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Silver Crown team for 2015 from Oklahoma
1/19/15, 10:24 PM   #1
New Silver Crown team for 2015 from Oklahoma
okienonwingfan

Per Jake Martens FB page.

"The Martens Racing #48 team is excited to announce it will field a USAC Silver Crown dirt car in 2015. Paul Martens has purchased a DRC Chassis with Claxton power and will compete in all (7) dirt shows this season. The team is also excited to welcome Brady Bacon as the driver for the 2015 race season. Looking forward to starting the season at Indy in May."

1/19/15, 10:29 PM   #2
grinch

Good to see a new car and great driver joining up.........hope we see more additions.....silver crown on dirt fun to watch

1/19/15, 11:54 PM   #3
flagboy55

Okie, couldn't help but notice your mlk quote. How appropriate on this his day of honor

1/20/15, 12:52 PM   #4
Re: New Silver Crown team for 2015 from Oklahoma
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Always good to see a new team joining the struggling Silver Crown division! Best of luck to Martens team and their driver, Brady Bacon.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
1/20/15, 5:20 PM   #5
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
Always good to see a new team joining the struggling Silver Crown division! Best of luck to Martens team and their driver, Brady Bacon.
It isn't struggling much anymore! As of today i count 30 different drivers with rides for this season!
I know there are still quite a few drivers without rides that would bring people to the tracks though (Bell, Abreu, Ballou, Clauson, Stockon, Boespflug, etc.) Let's get em rides and make this the top tier of open wheel dirt racing again!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, JordanBlanton, racing2bwithu2, robert gatten
1/20/15, 5:49 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardyBoysRacing View Post
It isn't struggling much anymore! As of today i count 30 different drivers with rides for this season!
I know there are still quite a few drivers without rides that would bring people to the tracks though (Bell, Abreu, Ballou, Clauson, Stockon, Boespflug, etc.) Let's get em rides and make this the top tier of open wheel dirt racing again!
Last year was a rebound, with mainly just a bunch of outreach by Hillenburg an a few others, To get interest in it, and ask where, where, how and if teams would be willing to race. Many did! But still there were only a couple of Hooligan races, if any at all.

When the car count consistently outnumbers the positions in the feature. Then, I'll give it the success I HOPE IT DOES! And its good to see interest and growth.

Still there is a problem with drivers being able to get a ride in both dirt and pavement. I hope someone gives Brady and others Pavement rides as well and a shot at the title!

1/20/15, 6:48 PM   #7
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

When the car count consistently outnumbers the positions in the feature. Then, I'll give it the success I HOPE IT DOES! And its good to see interest and growth.

Still there is a problem with drivers being able to get a ride in both dirt and pavement. I hope someone gives Brady and others Pavement rides as well and a shot at the title!
I agree with you Charles. I do my best to keep the fans interested and get drivers and owners to want to be a part of the series. I also would like to see some others get a chance on pavement like Shane Cockrum so he can run for the title

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Silver Crown team for 2015 from Oklahoma