IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #1 12/17/15 10:07 PM
Just for clarity:

USAC and POWRi

2.0 Focus is allowed to Port and Polish Head (must be Ford Focus 2001-2004)
Aftermarket Rods-Pistons-Cams-Springs-Valves-Retainers-Keepers-Cam Gears
Stock Crank
Stock Block
Bore - 2.011

This is so the Focus engines will not become obsolete and can be upgraded no need for you to buy a complete new engine to stay competitive.

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

2 Likes: DAD, Jesse B
SAC74 (Offline)
  #2 12/18/15 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis:
Just for clarity:

USAC and POWRi

2.0 Focus is allowed to Port and Polish Head (must be Ford Focus 2001-2004)
Stock Crank
Stock Block
Bore - 2.011

This is so the Focus engines will not become obsolete and can be upgraded no need for you to buy a complete new engine to stay competitive.
Is this official? Have not seen anything about this from USAC or POWRi.
hullracing (Offline)
  #3 12/18/15 11:56 PM
Only valve springs and rods no matter what size motor. That's what's in the rules.
J47 (Offline)
  #4 12/19/15 1:10 AM
the motorcycle engine powered d2 midgets are allowed to run 1300ccs , i think
jjones752 (Offline)
  #5 12/19/15 1:15 AM
Originally Posted by J47:
the motorcycle engine powered d2 midgets are allowed to run 1300ccs , i think
Not true; they hinted at allowing up to 1400 but limited them to 1000...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
2 Likes: Airsys, DAD
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #6 12/19/15 3:07 PM
Originally Posted by hullracing:
Only valve springs and rods no matter what size motor. That's what's in the rules.
you might want to call Bobby Griffin, Kenny Brown and or Levi Jones....It might not say it in those EXACT but what was agreed to is just what it says....As per everyone at the St. Louis, "do whatever you want to the 2.0 Focus engines, They still won't be competitive" quote un-quote.

POWRi:
Maximum displacement 2.0115 (122.75 cid)
****see note****
There are many "built up" Ford Focus' out there and we do not expect them to fix or change anything.

Again I have spoken to USAC (Levi Jones), POWRi (Kenny Brown) and Midwest D-2 (Bobby Griffinwhich was suppose to relay that to the IMRA (Tracy Hull).... it is as you see:

2.0 Focus is allowed to Port and Polish Head (must be Ford Focus 2001-2004 cyl. head)
Stock Crank
Stock Steel Block
Bore max. - 2.011

What this does is allow those with a Focus engine to become somewhat competitive with the Ecotec, Honda and MC power

Jacksonville, Florida

DAD (Offline)
  #7 12/19/15 3:14 PM

Honest Dad himself

PS. As per everyone at the St. Louis, "do whatever you want to the 2.0 Focus engines, They still won't be competitive" quote un-quote.

I would consider that a challenge Wayne I like that!
SAC74 (Offline)
  #8 12/19/15 3:48 PM
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis:
you might want to call Bobby Griffin, Kenny Brown and or Levi Jones....It might not say it in those EXACT but what was agreed to is just what it says....As per everyone at the St. Louis, "do whatever you want to the 2.0 Focus engines, They still won't be competitive" quote un-quote.

POWRi:
Maximum displacement 2.0115 (122.75 cid)
****see note****
There are many "built up" Ford Focus' out there and we do not expect them to fix or change anything.

Again I have spoken to USAC (Levi Jones), POWRi (Kenny Brown) and Midwest D-2 (Bobby Griffinwhich was suppose to relay that to the IMRA (Tracy Hull).... it is as you see:

2.0 Focus is allowed to Port and Polish Head (must be Ford Focus 2001-2004 cyl. head)
Stock Crank
Stock Steel Block
Bore max. - 2.011

What this does is allow those with a Focus engine to become somewhat competitive with the Ecotec, Honda and MC power
How do I contact any of these guys? My engine guy has been asking me questions that I just can't answer. The first thing he asked me was, if you can port & polish the head, and use aftermarket pistons and cams on a 2.0 Ford Focus engine, can I do the same thing to any other 2.0 or 2.2 liter engine?
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #9 12/19/15 4:29 PM
Go to this Facebook page and send us a PM with any questions.
https://facebook.com/MidwestD2Midgets/?ref=bookmarks

Jay Tinder
Media and Competition Director
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #10 12/19/15 5:00 PM
Originally Posted by SAC74:
How do I contact any of these guys? My engine guy has been asking me questions that I just can't answer. The first thing he asked me was, if you can port & polish the head, and use aftermarket pistons and cams on a 2.0 Ford Focus engine, can I do the same thing to any other 2.0 or 2.2 liter engine?
USAC ask For Levi Jones...POWRi ask for Owner Kenny Brown....Midwest D-2 ask for Bobby Griffin. Midwest D-2 Bobby Griffin is heading up the Indiana group.

The Ford Focus is the ONLY engine this is allow so owners do not need to throw away an engine that is not competitive....most of these up-grades can be done for less then 3 grand and still use your engine ....you also can loose the clutch system. you will have to use the bell housing unless you find another way to route the water outlet from the back of the head.

So the extra 37 pounds of block and 14 pounds of aluminum bell housing sticks forward 5" front of the motorplate.

Jacksonville, Florida